LegacyGT.com

Wagon Life question

Cuz is looking to spend some money on end links for his 05 5eat Wagon gt....What are some suggestions? Tried and true would be great...Kartboy,white line,Moog,local parts store,own? He Also has upgraded white line rear end links....thanks in advance

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

So miles what's the "unicorn"of 05 wagons?
I like to give nicknames to my cars. It got that name because it's kind of rare and hard to find. They only sold a few thousand LGT 5MT wagons in '05 and '06, in the U.S. before discontinuing them. When I would occasionally get parts at my friendly local Subaru dealer, the parts counter man would ask me how my unicorn was doing. So, there you go.

I like to give nicknames to my cars. It got that name because it's kind of rare and hard to find. They only sold a few thousand LGT 5MT wagons in '05 and '06, in the U.S. before discontinuing them. When I would occasionally get parts at my friendly local Subaru dealer, the parts counter man would ask me how my unicorn was doing. So, there you go.
Awesome....got a pic

Yep, I have had them on the Whiteline 20mm adjustable swaybar set on hard.

However, the weak point on these cars are the sway bar mounts. Really easy to twist and rip them off. Recommend some sort of stupidly expensive reinforcement bracket like:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-avo-swaybar-mount-reinforcement-bracket-142767.html

I replaced the prop shaft a couple years back. Had to buy OEM but there are a couple threads about them here.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I don't think so.

Checking the FSM. Check back for an edit.

edit: FSM is

4. CENTER BEARING FREE PLAY

1) Remove the front and center exhaust pipe.

2) Remove the rear exhaust pipe and muffler.

3) Remove the heat shield cover.

4) Move the propeller shaft near center bearing up and down, and left and right with your hand to check for any abnormal bearing free play.

Runout:

Service limit 0.6 mm (0.024 in)

So if you're getting a full half inch, then it sounds like you need a new one

I don't think so.

Checking the FSM. Check back for an edit.

edit: FSM is

4. CENTER BEARING FREE PLAY

1) Remove the front and center exhaust pipe.

2) Remove the rear exhaust pipe and muffler.

3) Remove the heat shield cover.

4) Move the propeller shaft near center bearing up and down, and left and right with your hand to check for any abnormal bearing free play.

Runout:

Service limit 0.6 mm (0.024 in)

So if you're getting a full half inch, then it sounds like you need a new one

Thanks...not a cheap part by any means...And the gap on the center bolt of trans mount don't look right

So after a week or so of looking up drive shafts for the 05 gt wagon it seems he has a early model and there are some differences.....ANYONE have any insight on this issue??? Vin#4s3bp686254321621....Can we use his old brackets on new drive shaft?

Should you be able to move the drive shaft inside the carrier bearing about a half inch in any direction???

Sorry it took so long, No.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived