LegacyGT.com

BCP X500+ 10cm (60lb) Vs. X500 8cm (54lb) Dyno comparison!

Update : had air in cooling system... That didn't occur to me because I had a performance shop vacuum the system so this didnt happen.. :lol:

185-205 now

After reading, it looks like the car is supposed to have 2 different caps. Mine has the round 1.08 on the turbo tank and radiator?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's wrong. It's the eared on the turbo tank the round one on the radiator. It's really important to have the right ones on in the right places.

Underdog posted a few pages back in the WDGDTY4GLGT thread with the part numbers for both caps.

Appreciate it, temps are normal now. I'll order both caps. ;)

I did some logs yesterday and today, just been busy. I'll try and get them up in the AM

I have not used S#, only sport and i-mode

Is S# any different?

Depends on your tune. Some tuners set different targets/parameters for S#. My S# has a more aggressive tune and hits higher boost.

Short update..... My 65C piece of garbage fuel pump burned out while tuning E85. The tune won't be done till Wednesday. As far as spool is concerned I have to admit I'm somewhat disappointed. Full spool at aproximatly 4300 rpm and that's on E85. I haven't driven the car yet and the tune isn't completed yet, but improvement in spool is not expected.

I have yet to drive the car so perhaps my opinion will change then. On paper though it is a dud. Full boost is 23-24 psi fyi.

By full spool, you mean peak boost? I'm hitting 23 psi @ 3650 on my stock VF52 logging with the AP and plotting with virtual. We couldn't finish that tune because of my clutch slipping at the torque peak.

The agreement was for me to keep my original turbo I paid for. I will speak to them and see if we can work something out. If not, I'm building a motor anyway, then I can stretch the x500+ 's legs ;)

Any update on your end?

You should show them the results and ask them which one you should keep, lol. I think it's obvious but maybe they will have some insight you can share with us.

By full spool, you mean peak boost? I'm hitting 23 psi @ 3650 on my stock VF52 logging with the AP and plotting with virtual. We couldn't finish that tune because of my clutch slipping at the torque peak.

Yes peak boost (24 psi), my VF52 though is heavily modified. It is a Stage 3 from SoCal Porting, ported and with upgraded wastegate. Here is the info as provided on their website.

''52.60mm Inducer, 65mm Exducer, 69.99mm Tapered Tip

Stage-3 compressor wheel is the largest wheel we can shove in the stock 2.4in housing. This wheel is similar in size to a 20g and comes in a billet 7×7 blade configuration to help spool but also make great mid-range and top-end HP.''

I guess 4300 rpm with a wheel equivalent to a 20G isn't so bad. What are your numbers? I'll find out Wednesday what I made on 91 oct. and how much on E85.

Yes peak boost (24 psi), my VF52 though is heavily modified. It is a Stage 3 from SoCal Porting, ported and with upgraded wastegate. Here is the info as provided on their website.

''52.60mm Inducer, 65mm Exducer, 69.99mm Tapered Tip

Stage-3 compressor wheel is the largest wheel we can shove in the stock 2.4in housing. This wheel is similar in size to a 20g and comes in a billet 7×7 blade configuration to help spool but also make great mid-range and top-end HP.''

I guess 4300 rpm with a wheel equivalent to a 20G isn't so bad. What are your numbers? I'll find out Wednesday what I made on 91 oct. and how much on E85.

I don't have real numbers, just Virtual Dyno, because etune. Something like 322hp? Seems low, but like I said, we only had 3 revisions before clutch slip made it impossible to collect logs. I don't have a torque number because clutch slip causes VD to inflate the number to something ridiculous like 460 ft-lbs at 3600 rpm :lol: . I dropped back down to 91 and now I don't slip, (well, when hot I can get it to slip if i beat on it just right).

Edit: forgot that I posted the VD in my build thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5602888&postcount=190

I don't have real numbers, just Virtual Dyno, because etune. Something like 322hp? Seems low, but like I said, we only had 3 revisions before clutch slip made it impossible to collect logs. I don't have a torque number because clutch slip causes VD to inflate the number to something ridiculous like 460 ft-lbs at 3600 rpm :lol: . I dropped back down to 91 and now I don't slip, (well, when hot I can get it to slip if i beat on it just right).

Edit: forgot that I posted the VD in my build thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5602888&postcount=190

To be honest is not power figures I'm really concerned with, but mostly the "personality" of the car. To have a somewhat fair comparison I would have to log and use vd like you. Then again the gear ratios in our cars are different. Can't wait for Wednesday to come around, I haven't gotten to truly enjoy the car in almost two years.

On E85 and my half way in between OB and LGT tire size, with OB final drive, it got up on top of that turbo so frickin hard. Feels so lethargic on 91, like it's making turbo noises but not doing turbo things... like a loud, yet slow Honda...

From that link, I said:

"Otherwise the car feels like a beast. It gets up on the turbo so hard it's crazy."

^ouch. Be careful, there may be Honda lovers over here :hide: (not me though, nothing against these cars either).

Which clutch do you have? Still stock one?

Ikr? There is a 780hp s2k that lives a few houses down from me...

I'm wrx stage 1 HD exedy with ACT fw

I think this gives a much better picture of how it feels. That reverse swoop in your dyno plot was wonky. Although, I think the numbers have to be 100% ignored. The curve(s) is very similar to the DOM1.5 I posted above. For drive ability I would prefer the line to be a little more vertical below 3k rpms. But probably doesn't actually make a difference in feel.

After driving around for a few days how does it feel compared to the 500+ and I think you had a VF52?

http://i.imgur.com/wOQCHLJ.png

Compared to the x500+ It's definately happier running 21psi. With the plus it would just take off and pull once in boost. Now the car pulls a little better lower end, definately not as effortless as the plus hig7h rpm.

I do like the way it sounds :)

No comparison to the vf52, torque comes on a little later but pulls harder and harder as it revs. I think this is a great turbo, not the greatest, but definately above average. They advertise this turbo as a sti replacement (dual avcs) thats good for better spool and torque.

I will be keeping this turbo, really not going to work on the car for a while (too sore) we were able to work it out where i didn't lose much.

I'm thinking the clutch is not too happy... still holding, but getting squeaky and noisy. :lol:

Hey Paul! :lol:

Yeah, I've mellowed out a lot with age.. :rolleyes:

Its the German and Irish blood mixing!

Car running yet?

Had a slight delay getting the turbo to the builder but I'm hoping today I get the call I've been patiently waiting for...

:spin:

Archived