LegacyGT.com

BCP X500+ 10cm (60lb) Vs. X500 8cm (54lb) Dyno comparison!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I wouldn't pass judgement before you drive it.

Numbers aren't everything but with those headers and that turbo I'd expect a quicker spool too.

That is the main reason I forked the $$ for the Holy header.

I think holy header may be too big for vf52. You reduce exhaust velocity with the larger header and porting.

It's not the size of the primaries, we have a theory as to why it's spooling so late aside from the porting. I won't get into it on this thread since I've already hijacked it from the OP. I'll contact Ruben tomorrow and see what he has to say about it. I'll eventually start my build thread.

You're not hijacking! ;)

I'm interested in this, i had a pnp vf52 and it spooled about the same tbh. At least link to where you are talking about it lol.

Apparently the spool is comparable to a Blouch 1.5 XT-R but making about 50 less horsepower. Then again I essentially paid half the price of the Blouch.

I will for sure send you a link once I get around to it.

Road test? Impressions? Seems happier and i like that it is linear all the way to redline...looks like she wants more boost haha...i cant wait to rev mine out to 7k with built sb on stx71 and then maybe swap and do the bcpx500

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

On the road this turbo is very comfortable. Definately wants to run more boost. Sounds completely different than the x500+. More spool noise, turbo screams when under boost. I did get a video on the road. (It's short lol, 3rd gear pull)

Road test? Impressions? Seems happier and i like that it is linear all the way to redline...looks like she wants more boost haha...i cant wait to rev mine out to 7k with built sb on stx71 and then maybe swap and do the bcpx500

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hill said 7k rpms is no problem for these motors factory. It's hard enough to stop at 7k! :lol:

Logs show full boost @4200. Boost response is definately increased. Graph shows 5-600rpm difference. On the street it feels like 1k rpm difference. Feels very good! (Oddly enough, just the sound this turbo makes on boost is ridiculous!

Logs show full boost @4200. Boost response is definately increased. Graph shows 5-600rpm difference. On the street it feels like 1k rpm difference. Feels very good! (Oddly enough, just the sound this turbo makes on boost is ridiculous!

Now that you've tried both, which one will you keep?

I am curious about that area between 2600-3800 rpm. Does it really feel like it's completely dead and then you hit a torque wall at 4200?

One thing I really like about going to a VF52 was a more smooth curve and less of a wall that the VF46 had.

Edit: Can you add your supporting mods to the first post Maverick? Looking at your results, the DOM1.5 still seems like the winner, except you know, their customer service is crap.

WRX USA (total numbers are lower, different dyno and California gas). But, look at his curve, specifically the 2800-3800 area. He has all the supporting mods (except an engine that can handle boost :D). GS TMIC, Intake, injectors, fuel pump, holy headers.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/0AC0E0C5-4E9A-4DDA-B5B5-0F3D43314E40.jpg

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wrx-usas-09-obxt-build-thread-241191p7.html

I'm thinking that it has to do with the way the dynapack loads up?? Maybe logs could help? I know he told me the timing is not aggressive (I have high mileage).I can ask, but even the 1000hp graphs ramp up like that. Only way to really know would be to jump on a different style dyno.

I would love to compare these cars on the street. Graph shows peak power at 4650, it feels closer to 4k (logs show full boost @4200) there are so many dyno variables lol.

TGV delete coated

Grimmspeed phenolic spacers 3mm

ID1050x injectors

Grimmspeed 76mm Intake

Grimmspeed TMIC w/sti hose

Perrin Inlet v3

PnP and coated Headers and grimmspeed x-over

Grimmspeed Uppipe coated

Invidia divorced catted 3" downpipe

Invidia Q300 CBE

Amsoil SVG 75-110 Trans and Rear diff

PTP turbo blanket

Factory heat shield

Air inj. delete

The agreement was for me to keep my original turbo I paid for. I will speak to them and see if we can work something out. If not, I'm building a motor anyway, then I can stretch the x500+ 's legs ;)

Any update on your end?

Fuel pump wont get here till Monday, and the tuning till Wednesday. I cant wait :spin:

Fuel pump wont get here till Monday, and the tuning till Wednesday. I cant wait :spin:

Have you changed the filter assy that the pump sits in?

I had issues with fuel under boost. That was my problem. New filter assy and the fuel is perfect.

Have you changed the filter assy that the pump sits in?

I had issues with fuel under boost. That was my problem. New filter assy and the fuel is perfect.

Everythig was replaced when the 65c was installed. The pump fuel tune was finished it was while tuning for E85 that the pump took a dump.

Also I noticed some of our mods are the same. Exceptions being I have an ETS FMIC, Avo inlet DW 1300cc injectors, a grimspeed catted divorced downpipe and no air pump delete. Almost everything else is the same.

It has power, not as much obviously. Does anybody really floor it @ 2k rpms? Lol.

I am usually over 3 when i get on it

I have not used S#, only sport and i-mode

Is S# any different?

So flat road 3-7k?

What does everybody see as far as coolant temps?

I know my rad is crap and i dont have the under cover on right now. Does that cover make a big difference? Thanks guys!

Undercover supposedly makes a big difference. Flat roads 190 ish. Traffic with AC on 210 (at most). Mountains in 100 degrees + basically over heating.

2k is really only used for logging. Like you said not a lot happens at 2k. It's just a nice place to start for the graph.

Undercover supposedly makes a big difference. Flat roads 190 ish. Traffic with AC on 210 (at most). Mountains in 100 degrees + basically over heating.

2k is really only used for logging. Like you said not a lot happens at 2k. It's just a nice place to start for the graph.

Measurements through AP

I'll have to put mine back on at some point.. :lol:

I'm between 190-205 normal.

Heavy throttle gets it to ~215

I ran a camaro through 3rd and then 4th and maxed at 223. (most I've been constantly on boost)

Temps come back down rather quickly after a run

Tuner just changed coolant to Motul inugel expert, i originally thought there was air? Thanks all

Archived