LegacyGT.com

BCP X500+ 10cm (60lb) Vs. X500 8cm (54lb) Dyno comparison!

I cancelled the order because Mike promised me it would be shipped. After waiting so long, being told another two weeks was not happening. You recommended the 54lb x500 8cm. When i spoke to BCP, i was intrigued with the wheel in the x500+. When I dyno tuned the car, i was completely satisfied. Multiple people were crying about how late it spooled and what would happen with the x500. That is when i said I would provide the labor and time. I have been VERY clear and upfront about my intentions.. I have also stated that i am building a motor to turn the boost up. I am keeping MY turbo, the x500+....

Hardship? Have you seen me spare any expense? No offense, but i do not need to explain my time to you. You were the one that came in here spouting off your negative opinions. Have you had sponsors before? Participated and placed in Car shows? This kind of thing happens all the time at those venues. Companies want their product to sell, that is why there are sponsorships.

If the data is not valuable, then why did a BCP agree to lend ME a turbo to test. Agile even contributed along with the forum! The only thing you have contributed with your statements has been negativity. Go piss in someone else's Cheerios :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go through your post history marvick, nothing I said was untrue. Except for instead of bcp telling you the + was the same as non+, you actually wrote that they said the + was faster spooling then the dom 1.5xtr. As far as hardship earlier when I disappointed you, you mentioned you were donating your time, money and a day off work with the implication that it was no small effort. Sorry if I misinterpreted that.

I get it bcp and agile are getting some exposure. This is great for bcp since they're newer on the scene. If you are keeping the + then I guess your testing is a nice contribution to the community.

As far as needing to throw your dick around about sponserships and breakfast cereal, I dont care. You came on this forum asking questions about a turbo build using spool as a criteria until the day you got dyno'd. So maybe you changed your mind about what you wanted, fine. Throwing shade at me for pointing it out is weak.

Thats me being negative.

Throwing my dick around? I was simply letting you know that I'm not the typical "dont know what the F, I'm talking about" owner. I only mentioned my contributions so it was very clear this was a legitimate venture and I was willing to donate my time as well for the SAME cause. As far as sponsorships, if you READ what i wrote, you would realize that I was simply explaining why you may not have seen this type of vendor/forum involvement before. I was interested in the spool difference simply because it was an almost $2k Ballbearing turbo. It changed when i started looking into a JB turbo. (I also heard they cost $$ to rebuild BB turbos) I hit full boost ~4300 rpm, I was told that the 10 cm dom 1.5 would spool similarly. Now the question is if the less expensive JB turbo can keep up or exceed a BB turbo. If anybody has a 10cm dom 1.5xtr dyno for comparison sake it would be beneficial to compare to the x500+. All things being equal, BCP claims the x500 outspools the dom 1.5 (8cm) but the x500+ is more comparable to a dom 3-4. Thats what I want to see. I agree, blouch turbos look great, but nobody wants to actually try another unknown turbo and put time and money into it. I am a simple guy, to me its the point of the thing.

Long story short, you came in here suggesting i somehow duped 2 vendors and the community to pay for another tune.. i just bought this car 2 months ago, and have already done more than most in a short period of time.. Your opinion is just that, but it was completely unnecessary to come and $hit up this thread for NO reason.. Please lets get back to talking more about spoolin' ;)?

Turbo is here! Too bad its pouring... :(

Looks the same on the cold side even though its supposed to be a slightly smaller wheel. Hot side looks a little smaller, hard to tell until they are side by side. The wheel on the exhaust side is the same.

That looks identical to my stx71 for sure...awesome...cant wait for the plot...hope all goes well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I noticed that the exhaust wheel is very different. The x500+ is clearly meant to flow big top end and therefore has an F1 exhaust wheel.

Did you have a lot of overlap from uppipe to turbo? Pic on 1st page.

**If I was keeping this turbo I would definately want to port match the exhaust housing**

I've been reading this thread. Not much information here for real world driving. Bigger is not better for the street. Turbo spool relies on velocity of the exhaust gas-not volume until you are in really large horsepower situations. Port matching on anything less than about 500 awhp is detrimental to performance anywhere except top end speed. Not many people drive around at 150+ mph and that's what you get with these large turbos on small engines.

The time you need to get out of the way of the semi running the red light and have a 3000 rpm spool threshold, will be the last time you'll need to ever worry about it.

I've been reading this thread. Not much information here for real world driving. Bigger is not better for the street. Turbo spool relies on velocity of the exhaust gas-not volume until you are in really large horsepower situations. Port matching on anything less than about 500 awhp is detrimental to performance anywhere except top end speed. Not many people drive around at 150+ mph and that's what you get with these large turbos on small engines.

The time you need to get out of the way of the semi running the red light and have a 3000 rpm spool threshold, will be the last time you'll need to ever worry about it.

Wish I knew this before I got my VF52 ported... Great :(

Yeah, I noticed that the exhaust wheel is very different. The x500+ is clearly meant to flow big top end and therefore has an F1 exhaust wheel.

Did you have a lot of overlap from uppipe to turbo? Pic on 1st page.

**If I was keeping this turbo I would definately want to port match the exhaust housing**

From what i remembered it is pretty closely matched/lined up...nothing dramatic like your comparison pics. @jmp i probably would have been much happier with one of your vf52s or reuben from socal porting...but then again...i will be getting a built block and turning up the boost here shortly. Hence the gtx3071r. Glad to just see that there is plenty of choices for our platform. This bcp 8cm unit should be impressing. It better be lol...

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Noticed this on my Evo3 16G. Because of the oversized Tonmei ELH up-pipe I asked them to port the thing so there was a smoother transition. It flows great up top, but the boost threshold is a lot higher than I was expecting.

From what i remembered it is pretty closely matched/lined up...nothing dramatic like your comparison pics. @jmp i probably would have been much happier with one of your vf52s or reuben from socal porting...but then again...i will be getting a built block and turning up the boost here shortly. Hence the gtx3071r. Glad to just see that there is plenty of choices for our platform. This bcp 8cm unit should be impressing. It better be lol...

I have a stage 3 VF52 from SoCal Porting. I'm getting dyno tuned tomorrow on a Delicious Flex Fuel setup. I'll ask if I can get a boost plot on 91 oct and another on E85. Same for power figures.

Drove the car a little today, everything seems good. Small coolant leak from the rad. drain... Had agile flush the coolant last time.. They said they will handle it tomorrow.

1st impressions. It sounds different, the turbo noise is apparent even revving. As it gets closer to pressure it starts sounding nice. It definately is trying to build boost at even the onset of throttle.. I will not boost it until after its tuned though.

I'll be there @ 9am tomorrow. Should be tuning by ~10:30

FYI I already had a VF52 on the car before this lolz!

Nice! Make sure you update!

Drove the car a little today, everything seems good. Small coolant leak from the rad. drain... Had agile flush the coolant last time.. They said they will handle it tomorrow.

1st impressions. It sounds different, the turbo noise is apparent even revving. As it gets closer to pressure it starts sounding nice. It definately is trying to build boost at even the onset of throttle.. I will not boost it until after its tuned though.

I'll be there @ 9am tomorrow. Should be tuning by ~10:30

FYI I already had a VF52 on the car before this lolz!

Will defenitly update. Cant wait for your update as well :spin:

Short update..... My 65C piece of garbage fuel pump burned out while tuning E85. The tune won't be done till Wednesday. As far as spool is concerned I have to admit I'm somewhat disappointed. Full spool at aproximatly 4300 rpm and that's on E85. I haven't driven the car yet and the tune isn't completed yet, but improvement in spool is not expected.

I have yet to drive the car so perhaps my opinion will change then. On paper though it is a dud. Full boost is 23-24 psi fyi.

Archived