LegacyGT.com

Monthy Insurance for a Subaru Legacy GT or 2.5i?

I live in Colorado, 17, and have been driving a good year now. I would say that i'm a safe and aware driver. Also a good student, above 3.5 GPA and our insurance provider is Statefarm. I haven't got a quote yet, just cause I know that I should be doing it with a parent. And the car will be under one of my parents for sure just to drop the cost down. So how much would cost to insure a LGT or L2.5i? And what discounts do I have to help drop the cost?

Any cost we would provide would merely be a shot in the dark and completely meaningless to your situation. I don't mean to sound harsh but there are too many factors for us to provide any helpful number. The best bet is, as you already plan to do, is contact an insurance agent.

What I can say is I've been a very satisfied customer of State Farm.

Interesting question. My sister and I are on the same policy. She drives an 08 2.5i Limited and I drive an 05 GT limited. Her annual rate is actually about 30 dollars more than mine. Hope that helps

I have AAA in Michigan with full coverage for my car loan on my 2009 GT. I'm 30 and my insurance is about $1,000 per six months. My deductible is $500.

EDIT: I also have a good driving record with no points on my license.

Good lord! :eek:

I guess it must be the low deductible. I've got a single speeding ticket but otherwise full coverage (and more than MA base required coverage) and I'm about $1600 a year. I was close to $1000 a year before the speeding ticket, and that was before I was even 25 (so "young driver tax" still applied to me) :spin:

But yes, OP, insurance rates vary wildly for a variety of different reasons. That said, an LGT or 2.5i will likely be cheaper to insure than other comparable cars.

I have AAA in Michigan with full coverage for my car loan on my 2009 GT. I'm 30 and my insurance is about $1,000 per six months. My deductible is $500.

EDIT: I also have a good driving record with no points on my license.

MI is a "no fault" state so insurance is much higher than anywhere else.

From my experience with Statefarm, unlike the impreza and WRX, they count the GT and the 2.5i the same when it comes to insurance. the rate should be similar/the same rather than it hiking up drastically like going from an impreza to a WRX or a wrx to an STI

• 2 years later...
100$ a year is a great amount and if you cooperate with a reliable insurance company, then I can most likely say that they will cover absolutely all your expenses, except gasoline. I have experience working with insurance companies because I myself used to work as insurance agents and in most little-known companies we were ordered to do everything possible and impossible in order to get as much money from the client and pay him as little as possible. This is what most companies do .... Edited by ammcinnis
Removed commercial link

my 05 gt wagon costs more to insure than my wife's 2018 wrx 6mt. I haven't had any speeding tickets but do have a couple accidents. We use Usaa and pay about $300/month. We dropped collision & comprehensive on all but the wrx. Our deductible is $1000, so we get things fixed through small shops rather insurance.

Dishwasher has a thread called "insurance and you". I'd read through it, then post yer questions in there.

If I was 17 and looking at 15yo cars, the last thing I'd buy is a 4th gen legacy. Resale is crap, maintenance is really expensive, the likelihood of major repairs is very high, and lastly, if you get in an accident the insurance company will total it as fixing it would be too much.

I agree with sunny, but I'll still throw out my numbers..

Back when I living in CT I think I was paying around $1200 or $1600 a year. Right now in Maine I pay around $246 every 6 months.

Location seems to make a huge difference.. My car is also worth almost nothing with around 240k on it. $500 collision/comprehensive deductible, 300k body liability, 100k property, 2k medical payments (This seems low? I know nothing about insurance. I think I'm going to raise this, it's not expensive to do..), 300k uninsured motorist bodily injury

Edited by apexi

2005 Wagon - GT

50/100/500, $500 deductible Full Coverage.

three other vehicles(2 motorcycles, passsat TDI) no accidents or tickets, 1 motorcycle theft.

edit: i lied we do have a non-fault accident on our record - hit/run, ii sure that counted against us somewhat.

79$ a month

to compare - my 2017 Tundra 4x4 crewmax was only $20 month a month for the same coverage. BUT that was a 40k truck vs whatever the leggy is worth.

Edited by lookslikeanevo

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I'm 21 and have owned the car since I was 19. I'm still on my mother's insurance (I should probably fix that, but might just wait until I'm a little older :lol:) and my rates just went down radically because of COVID, so my older insurance rates will be my reference.

I'm in Portland, OR (high insurance rates are the norm and are getting worse as more people decide to move here from California), have never had a speeding ticket or accident, my mother has a mostly clean driving record and is the "primary driver" of my car, and I have a 4.0 GPA as a full-time student (and employee, if that matters). I'm single. I have good credit, but I don't believe that's factored into my particular equation.

The insurance monthly rate I paid in May was for $115. When I bought the car Christmas-ish of 2018, the monthly rate I paid around then was $135.

I'd really not advise a turbocharged Subaru as a first car. The LGT gets Legacy insurance rates, so it's not going to wipe your bank account there, but they're fairly needy cars and you're gonna be broke trying to maintain one, let alone one that may have hit a few patches of salt in its 15 years. I'd recommend you buy what your car-clueless friends have and stick to the tried and true Accord/Civic and Camry/Corolla.

I wonder if I get low insurance for having an outback instead. The outback with full coverage $500 collision and $100 comp was only like $100 more every six months than my 99 civic.

I pay a little under $600 every six months for the obxt and the e30 with liability only. In utah, 31, one minor at fault accident, one theft claim, no tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I was paying two thousand dollars a year for insurance for my car, and now I understand that this is a waste of money. after six years of paying, a tree called on my car. The tree destroyed the car's body. My insurance company said that it is a write-off. I had to choose between keeping the car and preparing it by myself or transferring the car ownership to the insurance company and getting sixty percent of the car's total price. I was furious when I heard about this. You can read more about how to deal with write-offs on moneyexpert.com. Edited by HamiltonJoanne

What's the best insurance option now?

Where do you live ?

I know a guy...if your in CT

I met him on here years ago. I still use him for my insurance needs.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here