LegacyGT.com

P0171 with flashing cruise control light.

Just for some background, I have a 2006 Legacy GT SpecB with COBB downpipe and full exhaust with COBB Stage 2 tune from Accessport V2.

So I saw that I was throwing a code so I checked what code it was with my accessport and found that it was the P0171.

I read on the forums a little bit to see what it might be so I checked my airbox and cleaned my mass airflow sensor and that didn't fix it. Then I saw that a lot of people had vacuum hoses blow off of the blue T connector underneath the intercooler. So I took off my intercooler and I checked those vacuum lines and they were all still connected.

So as of right now I have no idea how to fix this and was hoping someone could help me find the next step.

The only thing I've noticed when driving it is that when I'm staying at one constant speed it'll try to hesitate like it's not getting power.

Thanks.

any kind of combustable spray works, slowly go around the engine bay, anything related to vacuum, give a spray and watch/listen for the idle to react (Engine running) shutter, stall, spike in rpm's. go slowly and take your time. that should help you find it. sometimes it even helps to have someone push the idle to 12-1500rpms.

I spray tested last night and found nothing so I ordered a front O2 sensor, we will see if that fixes it.

I just had the cruise light blinking/same code. Replaced the front 02 sensor and nothing came up for almost 2 weeks now so here's hoping!

So today I got the Upstream oxygen sensor replaced and the car seems to be feeling normal again but that will be confirmed on my drive to work and back, but my question is if the lights are supposed to turn off by themselves because my check engine light and cruise control light are still on. If so how should I go about doing that?

Typically after four start/stop cycles the CEL will reset its self. When my car overboost's doing a 3rd or 4th gear pull, on the next long straight on the highway, I'll push in the clutch and do 4 off/on cycles with the key. That resets the light.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived