LegacyGT.com

New Legacy owner - MPG questions

FWIW, Mine will drop below 30mpg [real, not comp] on the highway if it is really windy, lots of traffic that constantly make me slow down/ speed up, &/or I drive 75+. If you want to get 34+mpgs with my car you would need to find a highway with limited stops that has you travel at ~ 50mph

It must be amazing being you.
[emoji38]

That's more like it. That is Funny![emoji16]

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I am asking if you are varying you RPM's to break in your new car's engine.

eg: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/maintenance-2017.html

some do this, some do not.

I ask, because doing this will lower you mpg's. How, is that by not letting the CVT always stay in the lowest ratio will mean that you are not getting the best mpg's

First 1,000 miles - yes, I do a few of these things. I do avoid hard starts & stops, I don't over rev the engine, I don't use cruise control. So yes, a few of the things on that list apply to me.

Thanks again for posting that link!

Update!

I'm gonna drop the whole gas mileage topic after this post, but I just wanted to give an update on the first week of driving my '17 Legacy Sport.

I work 4 days/week ... my commute is 27 miles one way ... almost all highway. Started with a full tank of gas leaving the dealership ... with my 4 days of work and some city driving, I've driven over 300 miles in a little less than a week - and I still have half a tank of gas! That's crazy! Well, to me it is. I'm coming from a Ford F-150, which got lousy gas mileage, so this is dramatically different for me. I'm not complaining! Looks like I've got another full week of driving, and then some, before I need to visit the gas station :D

It might not be Toyota Prius gas economy, but it's DARN GOOD gas economy - especially for someone that's been driving a big truck for the last 5 years.

Thanks everybody, for all the help and feedback. Much appreciated! Even YOU, Rowlette :lol:

Just gonna ask this here in the MPG thread, anyone with an untuned 2.5i can tell me their MPG? Right now I am getting ~21.3MPG citywith my tune (I need to test highway), I am thinking about taking it off because I just want better MPG as I do more driving in the summer for trips. Not sure if it would be worth it if I only gain a couple mpg's detuned.

For me it's as I have in the signature, about 28mpg, the best I have had is 45mpg by essentially only highway at 45 to 50mph. Worst I have had is 24mpg.

Just be aware that there are many factors involved.

453747.png

Archived