LegacyGT.com

5eat questions

I have about 7inchs of slack when going into park...Meaning the car is rolling 7inches then clicking and then coming to a full stop...Anyone know what this is or how to fix??? Is it my tranny mounts? Also I recently changed an Axel to a cardone replacement and wanted to know how I would know if it's bad? Would it click like the old one before I replaced it? Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If it's leaning on the pawl (from even the smallest incline) it will bang out of park and into R. Pretty normal for an automatic. If you are worried about the rocking and banging use your e-brake when you park to take pressure off the trans. Consider this forewarning tho, if you've never used your E-brake consistently before, they tend to hang up and stay stuck when you start to use them. My advice to people is alaways "use it or don't, nothing in between". My rusty 5MT Focus I use the E-brake every day for parking, my friends not rusty 4AT Escape used his e-brake last weekend and we got stranded for hours because it didn't release properly. If you decide to start using the E-brake on the regular, be prepared to deal with the possibilities of the system failing from lack of use for the past 10years.

Archived