LegacyGT.com

Raising my Outback

I bought my Outback lowered on coilovers, but am thinking it might be cool to lift it and put some bigger tires on it. What would be needed to do this? I was thinking I could just get some stock Outback springs and tophats, new stock KYB struts and then get a 1.5"-2" strut spacer and call it a day, but now I'm looking at things like trailing arm spacers, subframe spacers, etc, and am getting kind of confused as to what I'd need for a decent lift.

Any thoughts or build threads would be appreciated. Thanks!

My current setup on my GT is Outback, Struts GT springs , 1" spacer in the rear and .5" spacer in the front it brings me up to 9.5" of ground clearance on stock tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got 9" of ground clearance on my Outback, but i have 2 inch bigger tires on mine.

On stock wheels or are you running an offset wheel to clear the front spring perch?

It looks like the tallest tire you can run is 65 side wall if the tread is a little narrower around 215 May be on a 16 in stock wheel.?

Darn, looks like tire fitment would be an issue, just like with a lowered car, since the tire would hit the strut perch if I want to run anything remotely big. One option is to use a big spacer but then that's not good for wheel bearings.

I'd also rather not hammer out my fenders to get things to fit, but I do want a bigger/meatier look...

Also, I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to saddle a 2.2L with even more unsprung mass.

On stock wheels or are you running an offset wheel to clear the front spring perch?

It looks like the tallest tire you can run is 65 side wall if the tread is a little narrower around 215 May be on a 16 in stock wheel.?

I have a 75 side wall and 15 inch stock wheels. I can barely fit my pinky between the tire and the spring perch. The 75 size with the 15 inch wheels was the tallest combination I could find. When I throw my 16's on after I do the WRX caliper upgrade and H6 rear brake upgrade, I'm going to need to run at least a 25mm spacer if I want to run the same size tires.

I'm actively on the lookout for coilovers that will either keep my car at stock ride height or allow a little lift that don't cost more than I spent of the damn thing.

Outback struts are taller between the strut mount and spring perch. That is on a 24.5" tall tire. a49cc8406ca6add35ab0186770be0bda.jpg

Choover1101 96 LGT Slow Build and Info Page

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=5383&share_tid=255306&share_pid=5604916&url=http%3A%2F%2Flegacygt%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Fp%3D5604916&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived