LegacyGT.com

Rolled fender vs not

Hey guys,

Moving in 2 weeks for school and will have a bunch of free time on my hands. Looking at potentially rolling my fenders as the tires i have are pretty wide. does anyone have any pics of before and after rolling their fenders so I can see what the difference is?

This no real difference from the outside of the fender. If you put your hand on the edge of the fender between the tire, that little lip there gets rolled back to create more clearance.

So you saying there very little difference on how it looks asteticaly from before and after?

I've been toying with the idea of getting either 17x9 or 18x9 rpf1s but I'm worried about how much I'd have to roll my fenders and much work it would take to do so

There is rolling - you won't be able to see any difference at all. And there is pulling. Pulling will be a slight flare that you can see.

Take a look at my build thread for examples of extreme pulling (really flaring) in the front. and rolling in the rear. I am able to hide everything with my fender flares though....

I have 18x9 et 40 255/40/18 (don't recommend this size for a Legacy it's too big). and it required a decent amount of work. 17x9 would fit easier. 245/40/17 with a roll all around.

There is rolling - you won't be able to see any difference at all. And there is pulling. Pulling will be a slight flare that you can see.

Take a look at my build thread for examples of extreme pulling (really flaring) in the front. and rolling in the rear. I am able to hide everything with my fender flares though....

I have 18x9 et 40 255/40/18 (don't recommend this size for a Legacy it's too big). and it required a decent amount of work. 17x9 would fit easier. 245/40/17 with a roll all around.

Nice build man. I digs the rims. Yea, it sounds like I would have to modify a lot to fit 18x9s. I've also heard wagons have more room for bigger wheels than the sedan have. I guess I'll keep looking at 17x9s.

Nice build man. I digs the rims. Yea, it sounds like I would have to modify a lot to fit 18x9s. I've also heard wagons have more room for bigger wheels than the sedan have. I guess I'll keep looking at 17x9s.

Another thing to consider could be the offset, I am running 18x8s rims that were originally put on a BMW. No rubbing at all and they are pretty well flush with little lip on the fenders (stock no roll).

Archived