LegacyGT.com

Couple night pictures of my STI Gauges

mmm def

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
i heard froma friend who had these that anyting over stock boost the gauge is not the greates in acuracy

^ :confused:

So the fact that my AutoMeter NEXUS gauge reads the exact same pressure as my GReddy Informeter - or, better yet, actual datalog'ed values, means that I somehow "lucked into" an aftermarket meter that reports good accuracy?

There's plenty of LGTers here who run even "bargain basement"/"generic" mechanical boost gauges with great success and accuracy.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ :confused:

So the fact that my AutoMeter NEXUS gauge reads the exact same pressure as my GReddy Informeter - or, better yet, actual datalog'ed values, means that I somehow "lucked into" an aftermarket meter that reports good accuracy?

There's plenty of LGTers here who run even "bargain basement"/"generic" mechanical boost gauges with great success and accuracy.....

I think he means the OEM gauge is inacurate when you get above stock PSI. However, given the price and the fact that defi makes them(?) I would tend to doubt his statement.

• 2 months later...

I just got my new gauges installed, there sweet. Thanks to Subaru for the $500 dollar Rebate Check. The total out of my pockect Labor and tax $295.00

Ok. A few question on the gauges on how to read them. What is the cut off point or danger level for the Oil Temp? How about the Oil Temp? Were are the supposed to be on a normal day. Thanks again.

• 4 months later...
Too big for the ashtray. I kinda doubt anyone is gonna spend $600+ just to take these apart. I know I sure wouldn't (and I have them!)

They look like single din to me. They isn't the ashtray single din?

I have had these installed for a while and the turbo guage bounces around when

under boost sometimes, not like in the instructions when it does a diagnostic

for a short, just wondering if you all think defect or maybe the computer trying to

control boost, seems to be when guage is around 1.0 which would be at max pressure, installed on 05 legacy gt automatic slushbox

How much is it "bouncing?"

You could be seeing simply wastegate flutter, which would be normal when you're on stock boost-control hardware. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

How much is it "bouncing?"

You could be seeing simply wastegate flutter, which would be normal when you're on stock boost-control hardware. :)

+1, especially if it's happening at 1.0 Bar which is actually above max boost (.92 Bar). The wastegate has to open before max boost and the flutter comes from the feedback loop saying (open more... no wait! too much!)...

• 2 weeks later...

i've been quoted $620 at rally subaru for the gauge pack but a WHOPPING $287 (3.5 hours) labor charge. anyone who got these installed for an 06 have a different labor charge time? i've been hearing anywhere for 1.5-2.5 hours at a subie dealership.

i gotta start planning my budget for the next few months haha

i've been quoted $620 at rally subaru for the gauge pack but a WHOPPING $287 (3.5 hours) labor charge. anyone who got these installed for an 06 have a different labor charge time? i've been hearing anywhere for 1.5-2.5 hours at a subie dealership.

i gotta start planning my budget for the next few months haha

thats a good price for the gauges. i had a set installed at my dealership and was quoted 1.5 hrs. it took the tech over 2.5 hrs. to install the dealership stood by the 1.5 hrs. but said they would up the labor for the next set. btw 3.5 hrs. seems high. one more thing when you buy the gauge set instructions are provided for install if your handy you could diy just a thought. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

so do the gauges light up FIRST and then sweep like the electroluminescent gauges? or do you have to turn on the parking/lowbeam lights on in order for them to light up?

i'm like.................. 70/30 about getting these... AH so much moneyy

i've had these in for about a month though. Anyone know what the danger zones for each of the gauges should be? Great detailed install instructions, but def lacking on the how to read the gauges in use instructions.

According to the vacation pics the oil pressure should be:

@ 800 rpm - 98 kPa (1.0kgf/cm 14psi) or more

@5000rpm - 294 kPa (3.0 or 43psi) or more

335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

Archived