LegacyGT.com

Any Opinions on the Harmon Kardon?

meaux

Seriously thinking about dumping my 2017 Accord V6 (2500miles) and ordering a 2018 Legacy 3.6R when available...

I'm curious about the HK Sound system that comes in that car...

The Factory Accord System sucks and I can't seem to get used to 'wrong wheel drive'... Love the V6 though, but not the DBW or the 6sp. Auto Transmission...

TIA... :)

I have it in my '13 3.6. I think it sounds great, but I'm not a crazy audiophile and a need a ton of clarity and bass. Never heard an Accords sound, what year and is it the base radio?

I know others will chime in with it's ok or it sucks and just aftermarket it.

I have it in my '13 3.6. I think it sounds great, but I'm not a crazy audiophile and a need a ton of clarity and bass. Never heard an Accords sound, what year and is it the base radio?

I know others will chime in with it's ok or it sucks and just aftermarket it.

It's a 2017 EX-L V6... Factory System with a sorry excuse for a subwoofer...

My 2016 Outback 3.6R I think has a poor sound system compared to the factory system with factory sub and mid range speakers on my 2005 GT wagon. The wagon will fill the car with sound. It sounds like the voice of the artist coming out of the speakers is right in front of my head.

The Outback, the sound either comes from the front windshield or behind me. As it doesn't have speakers in the top of the doors

The HK system in my 09 Spec B is better than the Outback but not as good as my wagon's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had an 09 Legacy with the HK and an 08 OBXT {no HK}

The HK subwoofer wasn't the greatest, but it had better clarity at louder volumes. I think I read on here somewhere that just speaker replacements was better improvement with the HK than the non-HK. I would also imagine its not too hard to replace the HK with a better subwoofer.

This generation of the cars, you could not swap out the stereo headunit, so the changes above were the options unless you want to spend $$$$

I'm very happy with the HK system in my 2013 Limited. It stays clear and crisp, with good bass, even at high volume. And this is with everything from classical to rock to country music!

I had an Audi A6 with the Audi Bose Surround, which was (and still is) the most amazing stereo I have ever experienced in a car. The subwoofer was molded into the right rear of the trunk and if you cranked the bass, you would rattle windows and turn heads. And it was high quality bass.

I have a friend with a 2017 BMW X5 with the $5000+ bang and olufsen upgrade and I have "experienced it".

Based on the above, I can honestly tell you that I am satisfied with the sound quality of my Legacy's HK stereo. (I can give more references of other high end stereos, but I think you get the point)

Archived