LegacyGT.com

Need tuning asap

Subabluu

First off, I thank everyone here who has helped in the decision process either by posting on one my threads or the numerous amount of threads I've read over the last month.

BACKGROUND

My vf40 hit the can a few weeks ago. My father in law was driving the car and noticed it making a strange whining noise, when he called me. I told him to reset the cobb ap and decelerate. When I asked him to give some gas, the boost never went passed 0 so I had him park it immediately. I drove to his location with a trailer and when I cranked it, it had the sound of a bearing seizing and then I heard the shaft snap as I got it fully loaded it on the trailer(between 10 to 30 seconds of being cranked with a snapped shaft) I performed an oil analysis and looked at the inside of the oil pan, drained the oil through some panty hose and saw no shavings on anything and the analysis didn't show any alarming particulants.

I was running low on time so not everything got installed but the car was able to crank and start last night! I was not able to install the new injectors, spark plugs, or crank pulley so I will need a re-tune somewhere down the road.

THE IMPORTANT PART

I will be driving to Wisconsin from South Carolina on either Monday (7/24) or Tuesday (7/25). I need to have my car e-tuned asap so I can drive it around as much as possible to verify it will make the drive. Please PM me or post on here if you are a reputable tuner and can help between now and then. I am on EST and will be available through most of this time as to be as flexible as possible. I know as a tuner, you probably don't want to send a car with this kind of repair off on such a long road trip, but I am aware that there are risks of engine damage since the turbo broke and I have taken all precautions to minimize the likelihood of this.

MODS

Cobb AP

Cobb catted DP

GS TMIC

GS 3-Way BCS

Previously installed catless up (unknown brand)

BNR 16G

DW 65c Fuel Pump

Perrin Drop-in Filter

Perrin Turbo Inlet

Perrin Afta MAF Intake Tube

Custom Seperate Oil Line for Turbo

I know you rushed it but I would ensure you dont have a ticking time bomb on your hands. When the turbo is that oil starved it b/c an oil passage is blocked meaning something isn't all the way right.

You can get a COBB AP eTune from Cryo or Tuning Alliance or IAG or MachV or other reputable tuner fairly easy and not terribly expensive.

BUT

I would want to ensure you dont install all those parts, buy the tune and your engine takes a dump while data logging

Archived