LegacyGT.com

2014 Legacy 2.5i premium

What are the best aftermarket speakers for this car? Do I need an Amp? Im looking for speakers that are loud with some good bass. anyone know of any good speakers??

A lot of your questions, if not all, deal with personal taste. I think the HK system is fantastic, with great bass...many others would disagree.

One thing I can tell you, the speakers alone won't make much if any difference. The stock HU doesn't put out much power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

On the current gen WRX with the non-HK radio, the stereo sucks as well. According to what I have read on NASOIC is that upgrading amplifier makes a huge difference and is good bang for buck. The Alpine power pack seems to be popular over there and relatively cheap ($120).

Obviously it depends on what you are expecting for a radio, I probably would do the amplifier 1st, then speakers/sub if your looking for more.

Good point... Ill have to check out the HK system... so for your legacy, did the HK system improve from the stock speakers? If not would you just suggest a factory upgrade..?

My car came with the factory HK 9 speaker audio w amp. If you really want that, my understanding is most of the wiring is in place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It will probably be hard to find stock HK units to use unless you spend a fortune getting them directly from Subaru - so I do highly suggest going with another Harman brand such as Infiniti or JBL. Crutchfield.com is the best place for car audio. Super helpful and with the purchase of a set of speakers, you get everything you need to install them plus more. The Infiniti Kappa series speakers are excellent and will provide everything you'll be looking for, but they are the pricery option. For a sub, because you'll probably need/want one, I suggest Kicker or Rocksford Fosgate. I've found them to be the best for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived