LegacyGT.com

2013 premium headlights

I was wondering if the headlights on the 2013 is adjustible? I had a headlight go out and for some reason after changing the bulb the light doesnt seem to project how it ahould. It seems after changing the passenger side bulb, much of the light is aiming off to the right, on the pass side bulb. And in the center field of view the lights are at their dimmest. I noticed that nice cut off line iseems distorted.

Im also wondering if the headlights are very particular to the bulb and if the bulb I bought is not the right calibration. I was just curios if anyone has any tips on this

If this seem to have occurred AFTER changing the bulb, you may not have installed the bulb correctly with the tabs. I recommend that you check and reinstall the bulb and ensure the tabs are seated correctly.

I was wondering if the headlights on the 2013 is adjustible? I had a headlight go out and for some reason after changing the bulb the light doesnt seem to project how it ahould. It seems after changing the passenger side bulb, much of the light is aiming off to the right, on the pass side bulb. And in the center field of view the lights are at their dimmest. I noticed that nice cut off line iseems distorted.

Im also wondering if the headlights are very particular to the bulb and if the bulb I bought is not the right calibration. I was just curios if anyone has any tips on this

The headlights are adjustable. The headlights were changed for the 2013 model year, but I'm pretty sure the tabs are the same. The are extremely hard to get to. The passenger side one is the easiest. Just take off the air box that slides into the filter box and you'll see a little screw surrounded by black plastic. You should be able to turn them with some pliers or a wrench. The drivers side is much more difficult. It is best to move the battery. But I agree with the other person - it sounds like you may not have the bulb seated correctly. I just changed my headlights and didn't seat one correctly so I was confused too. Could you get a picture of it for me? I find it hard to believe that changing the bulb would knock the whole projector out of line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply. I'll make sure to reinstall the bulb. I thought I was careful to seat it correctly, but given how awkward changing the bulbs in this car is, it does sound like I put it in crooked

Thank you for the reply. I'll make sure to reinstall the bulb. I thought I was careful to seat it correctly, but given how awkward changing the bulbs in this car is, it does sound like I put it in crooked

There is a notch for the little metal peice that stick out on the bulb to sit. The lamp will clamp the bulb into place without it being seated properly, so it's an easy mistake to make. Hope you get it worked out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got to re installing the bulbs and that was definitelly the issue. The low beams work really well now. It looked like the bulb I originally put in was just slightly crooked, and the other bulb that was there from the last owner was completely crooked, the metal peace that sticks out wasn't even in the groove. They must have just popped it in without any concern. Thank you for the suggestions on this

Archived