LegacyGT.com

2018 Accord

spb

It is not a Subaru, but it is interesting to see where the engines are going:

1.5L DIT 192hp 192lb-ft (+7hp, +11lb-ft from 2.4L)

Peak horsepower for the new engine is available at 5500 rpm (900 below the 2.4) and peak torque at 1500 rpm (a full 2400 lower than before).

2.0L DIT 252hp 273lb-ft (-26hp, +21lb-ft from V-6)

Extracting maximum power from the new 2.0-liter requires 6500 rpm (versus 6200 for the V-6), but peak torque is available between 1500 and 4000 rpm. (The V-6 didn’t deliver max torque until 4900 rpm.) Honda says it will be able to run on regular-octane gasoline, although likely with reduced performance.

Both engines are available with 6 speed manual transmission. Link

The Type R engine has 306hp and 295lb-ft

In the Accord, it has ~250 hp, ~275 lb-ft. Can probably be tuned some too.

Problem is: highly unlikely to get all the bits of the Type-R that reduce torque steer, etc..

If they made an Accord Type-R, that would be something..

The specs from Accord and the new Camry which has 203hp/184lb-ft for the 2.5 I4 and 301hp/ 267lb-ft from the V6 sure puts the 2018 Legacy at a disadvantage. Maybe this will force Subaru's hand and they will give the 2019 Legacy more powerful engines.

The specs from Accord and the new Camry which has 203hp/184lb-ft for the 2.5 I4 and 301hp/ 267lb-ft from the V6 sure puts the 2018 Legacy at a disadvantage. Maybe this will force Subaru's hand and they will give the 2019 Legacy more powerful engines.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ummmm ... no. CAFE

That's funny, people aren't buying the Subis for horsepower.

They sell everything they make, they aren't going to be pushed into doing anything they don't want to.

Some subies are bought not because of their performance. But some definitely are. It all comes down to the the size of the the performance-family-sedan pie. And if Subaru thinks that the pie is large enough and they can get a good slice of it, they will go for it.

Let's just hope that marketing/financial analysis shows a favorable return on investment.

I currently own a new 2017 Accord V6 6sp. Auto... Hate the Front Grille, Stereo and Wheels... Love the 278HP V6... Damn thing will fly...

The 2018 Accord is a far better looking car but no V6... I feel like I've kicked in the B****... Like the old sayin' goes, 'If it's got Tits or a Turbo, it's gonna cause you problems'... :)

Screw it, I'm seriously looking into dumping the 'Wrong Wheel Drive' Honder for a 2018 Legacy 3.6R, but have reservations on the 3.6R, the H-K Stereo and the CVT...

The 2018 Legacy looks a hell of alot better than that Accord I have sittin' in the driveway, next to the Wife's 2017 Outback... She loves her Station Wagon... :)

Any info/opinions would be appreciated... :)

I test-drove 5th gen 3.6R and was not impressed at all (sorry my 3.6R fellas). The GT is a different car. Not sure if the current gen of 3.6R improved much, but I do like the looks of it.

sad to see that the V6 is gone for '18 accord

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/14/2018-honda-accord-reveal/

I do not see those turbo cars going 200K plus...

compared to my 2002 CL type S a 3.6R is not fast but it is more than enough for day to day driving. I also drive a 2.5i and I love the mixed fuel economy of 30-32....

I do not see those turbo cars going 200K plus...

Why not? There are plenty of turbo cars that go 200K+. If there was one company I wouldn't bet against, it's Honda.

On the cursory look, only thing that I really dislike is the damn GPS/infotainment screen and the stupid look of it being an afterthought globed on to the dash that everyone seems to be following.

On the cursory look, only thing that I really dislike is the damn GPS/infotainment screen and the stupid look of it being an afterthought globed on to the dash that everyone seems to be following.
Yep, the Up Coming 2018 KIA Stinger has the same silly lookin' screen...

Manual gearbox puts it ahead already and its a Honda so you know itll run longer than any Subaru.

The styling is nice enough its no boat and the engine choices are solid. I like the look of the previous gen Accord better pair that V6 with a 6 speed and you got a spirited sedan.

Archived