LegacyGT.com

Misfire Codes All Cylinders

The workshop manual calls for:

NGK 7913 SILFR6A Laser Iridium plugs gapped at 0.028 - 0.031 inches

It's not worth it to cheap out on plugs. With the right plugs, you will be less likely to have issues and they normally last over 60K miles.

Try putting in the fresh plugs, if you still get a misfire, then try swapping coil packs to see if your misfire follows the coil pack. If the misfire stays on #1, a compression/leakdown test may find something wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
The workshop manual calls for:

NGK 7913 SILFR6A Laser Iridium plugs gapped at 0.028 - 0.031 inches

It's not worth it to cheap out on plugs. With the right plugs, you will be less likely to have issues and they normally last over 60K miles.

Try putting in the fresh plugs, if you still get a misfire, then try swapping coil packs to see if your misfire follows the coil pack. If the misfire stays on #1, a compression/leakdown test may find something wrong.

Thank so much for your help over this period. I managed to get the car running. After cutting out the cat I replaced all the spark plugs and swapped around the coil packs giving all of them fresh boots as well. I had some brief misfires but as of late I haven't had any issues. One of the magnets on a coil is delaminating and actually has two layers cracked. Although no problem has become of it I do plan on changing it soon.

Archived