LegacyGT.com

Rack and pinion replacment

Hello. I recently went to put new tie rods on my 2010 legacy. I had the driver side innerrod off. And then i turned the steering wheel to the right to free up room on the otherside.

Well i think i messes up my rack and pinion because it started leaking out the shaft where the boot would be.

Anyways i tryed to get the r and p out. And it seems like i would have to drop the whole subframe assembly. Has and one ever changed one of these before?

well i dropped the sub frame. it wasn't really that hard just a few bolts. just dropped it to where it sits on the exhaust. gave me a little more room to try and take all the lines off. its so tight in there though. has anyone ever done this before. i cant find anything online for this car.

The service manual says to drop the subframe cradle out of the car as step 1, so you may be fighting an uphill battle. The next step is to remove the engine mounts from the subframe, so if you have the engine supported and can make that happen, that may be your best bet.

Also, PM inbound with a solution to your search issues.

Archived