LegacyGT.com

What Injectors

stocklgt

Currently running 1000cc Deatschwerks on the GTX3076R on 93. Considering switching to flex fuel setup once I rebuild my short block. Wondering, on meth and E85, how much injector will I need? Already running out of injector on the setup right now, so Im guessing with E85 im def going to need to go bigger.

Was looking at 1300s and looking for best daily drivability even though its a weekend car. Id like a somewhat smooth idle and I think 1700s are overkill.

So, ID1300s? Or stick with the 1000s and see how much i can get out of them? Also, go with a bigger pump or run duals? Thanks in advance.

ATP GTX3076r stock location

Cobb Accessport V2

P&L Motorsports 44mm EWG Uppipe and Dumptube

Tial 44mm EWG

Deatschwerks 1000cc Injectors

IAG Fuel Rails and Lines

IAG AOS

Perrin Coolant Overflow Tank

Gates Racing Timing Belt Kit

Killer B Oil Pickup

STI Intake Manifold

NGK One Step Colder Plugs

Tial Q 50mm BOV

TGV Deletes

Aeromotive FPR

Grimmspeed ECBS

Hallman Manual Boost Controller

Perrin 3" Inlet

Short Ram Intake

DW 65c fuel pump

AMR FMIC Custom Piping

JE Pistons

Manley Rods

ARP Head Studs

Kings Bearing

STI OEM Crankshaft

B25 Heads

Stock Valvetrain

I can tell you the dw1000s aren't gonna flow enough to support e85 on your setup. E85 is a nice, inexpensive racefuel which will get you way more power, but it's got a stoichiometric afr of about 9.8 (compared to 14.7 for pump fuel). Anyway, it's well known that e85 requires a lot more fuel to make the same power as pump gas.

You'll need a lot more injector flow, maybe even consider ID2000s and call it a day since, who knows, your power goals may change in the future and it's nice to have the head room. If you were running pump gas, the ID1300s would be perfect to get the flow you need and smooth idle. ID2000s aren't the easiest to tune on pump gas, but work great with e85 and will undoubtedly give you the flow you need.

I have 1000s right now - tuner says it wont be an issue and I wont run out of fuel running 93, but will def. need to go bigger if I decide on E85 or flex fuel setup. Really not sure which way I want to go right now. I think ill be happy on Meth with this turbo, and maybe go ELH in the near future to get a little more mid range power.

Now just trying to decide if its worth it to splurge for a killer b setup or go with a tomei or perrin setup.

ID1300 is what you want for e85. ID1000's are bare min for e85.

I'd also ditch the dw65c, they really arent that reliable. Drop in an aem320. I run this same setup in my STI.

-Brian

2017 Subaru STI

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited

ID1300 is what you want for e85. ID1000's are bare min for e85.

I'd also ditch the dw65c, they really arent that reliable. Drop in an aem320. I run this same setup in my STI.

-Brian

Was gonna say that you are getting near the limit on the 65C with 1000cc injectors. You should look at a larger pump IMHO.

Archived