LegacyGT.com

Low power condition

I have an 01 LGT 5MT. This last week it began to stumble really badly, at first it would only happen until about 3k rpms then it would level out and gain normal power. While the stumbling was happening the CEL would be flashing.

The first time I read the codes I got a cam position sensor and fuel pressure sensor code. I've had similar symptoms in other cars. So I bought and replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and spark plugs. It helped for a couple minutes but began to hesitate really badly again. I read somewhere on the forum about a brake light issue that could cause your car to go into limp mode. I replaced all the bulbs but that didn't help either.

After I replaced all of the above items the only code I'm getting now is P1130 which is the front 02 sensor. I could imagine that if it was getting a faulty reading that it could cause the car to have A/F ratio problems. I am just hesitant to buy the 02 sensor because of the price tag. I am also not 100% sure the 02 sensor is the issue. Most of the threads I've read are kind of similar but aren't what I feel like I'm experiencing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
I like doing free stuff first. Check the vacuum hoses under the intake Manifold on the passenger side. There's a diagram under the hood.

Sorry for the long reply, I'm not getting any air leaks. Sprayed everything down with starting fluid while it was running. Air hoses are solid! I'm also getting a new code P0303.

I found another thread where someone was having very similar issues but no body ever replied to say how they fixed the car

switch some wires around, p0303 is a misfire on the third cylinder, i could be wrong but i think its the passenger side rear cylinder just switch the two plug wires on that side and see if you get a P0301 and buy new wires if it does.

all the cylinders are labeled 1,3 on one side 2,4 on the other, its on the block if its clean enough to read i just forget which side is which right now i haven't had my coffee.

Spark plugs are cheap id just get a set and replace them if you dont know when the last done they were done. Supposed to be done every 30k

Unless you get Iridium plugs...go almost 4 times as long between changes. I exclusively use NGK Iridiums in all my cars.

Stupid spark plug wires did the trick. Went to pull the #3 cylinder wire off the spark plug and basically half of it stuck to the spark plug itself. I had to go grab some forcepts to pull it off. I always use NGK plugs in my cars. I bought and replaced them platinum plugs a few weeks ago because they were out of iridium at the time. Thanks for all the help guys! Would have never thought to swap wires around...

Archived