LegacyGT.com

A-Pillar Interior Trim Removal

So I purchased a dashcam a month or so ago and it's been sitting in the box on my desk since then. The reason? Lack of time to install it. Being an OCD type of person I want to do the installation right. I don't like cords dangling or showing (if possible). One of the things I need to do is run the cord down the A-pillar. Does anyone know how to remove it? I watched a YouTube video which showed how to remove it for a 2015 model (basically just pull, hard). Knowing Subaru it wouldn't surprise me if this is the same method for the 2005 model. Does anyone know how to remove it? Videos you can point me to?

Thanks.

Pretty sure it's just pull hard. If you're just running power, and it's low power for the dash cam, you could probably tap into the mirror electric lines or if you have a sunroof, those lines right there in the headliner to avoid running all the way down to the fuse panel.

• 3 weeks later...
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has information on how to remove the headliner. I think madrig, in his original post, had provided a link to a procedure for it but it looks as if it was removed. Can you repost the link?

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has information on how to remove the headliner. I think madrig, in his original post, had provided a link to a procedure for it but it looks as if it was removed. Can you repost the link?

The headliner is a real pain. I could only remove through the trunk of a completely stripped vehicle.

b90d6b495d3163f4444608129368b302.jpg

It's a bad picture, but I refaced my entire headliner. It's not too bad to come down, above the rear glass set a couple of clips like a door, The domelight has to come out that's two screws one wiring harness all of the pillars those covers got to come off. Take your time, think before you pull, you can do it. Oh yeah, visors come down, but they're a pain in the ass to get back in. I think that's the only thing that gave me a hard time. I don't know where you live at but if you're within the area I'll give you a hand.

Thanks guys. Thankfully I don't need to remove it completely. I just need to pull it down slightly so I can tuck my rear dash camera cable behind it. I figured if I knew the process for removing it I can figure out how best to pull it loose to tuck in the cable. If anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Archived