LegacyGT.com

Front caliper?

Hello all been having a squeaking sound coming from my front driver side. It almost sounds like when the pads get to low and rub on the rotor. But it can't be the pads because I changed them only a few months ago and they still have plenty of meat left on them.

Could it be the caliper making the noise? I'm not really familiar with what else it could be

Also a few months ago the same front caliper somehow got locked up onto the the rotor and smelled terrible but went away after driving home after work which is strange.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you install the rubberized shims on the backside of the pads? or the anti-squeak grease on the backside of the pads?

Just don't wanna go buy a caliper if I don't need it ya know

Is it a continuous high-pitched squealing noise? Could be a small pebble caught in the brake pad. Sounds strange but it can happen.

Not contionous it's mainly when slowing down like or driving really slow it's like squeak squeak squeak like I said almost sounds like the brake pad finger rubbing on rotor but it's not that you think the caliper could be bad form that time that it got locked up onto the rotor

Remove the pads and inspect the mating surface. Might be a large chunk of metal in the face of the pad. Happens sometimes and if so, take them back and ask for a new set.

Okay will do going to try to do it tomorrow afternoon will keep you updated and yes it seems very rare that a caliper would brake like that

FWIW, I just replaced all calipers on both my cars, best thing I've done for the brakes in years. Napa calipers and someone to help bleed the brake, its easy to do. I bleed the left front 1st, rt front, right rear, left rear, repeat.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, I just replaced all calipers on both my cars, best thing I've done for the brakes in years. Napa calipers and someone to help bleed the brake, its easy to do. I bleed the left front 1st, rt front, right rear, left rear, repeat.

When you bleed brakes, you should always start at the caliper that is farthest from the master cylinder then work your way to the closest, in LHD cars the order should be RHRR,LHRR,RHFT,LHFT.

When you bleed brakes, you should always start at the caliper that is farthest from the master cylinder then work your way to the closest, in LHD cars the order should be RHRR,LHRR,RHFT,LHFT.

I do what Max does: don't worry about order and just do all corners twice. It only takes a few extra minutes and brake fluid is pretty cheap.

Yep, that's the old school way.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

I think the service manual even has a different way, and looking around the web you get the way I did it. I didn't even use a small bottle of fluid.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yep, that's the old school way.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

I think the service manual even has a different way, and looking around the web you get the way I did it. I didn't even use a small bottle of fluid.

Yeah guys it turned out to be the caliper hose was bad internally that's what was making the noise I ended up having to change my pads and rotors anyway.

Archived