LegacyGT.com

Brake Upgrade?

So I have a 2000 LGT and one of the front calipers is seized and both front rotors are warped so I'm thinking perfect time for an upgrade right?

My question is Subaru 4 pots or STI Brembos or 05GT front brakes?

What will help me stop the best. I am already in the process of building a motor with a goal of 300whp so I want something that will stop me quickly and efficiently

Thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Unless you are going to track the car, 05 LGT brakes would suffice.

In any of the above cases you will need 17"wheels to clear.

Get good pads.

A little search will help you decide.

O.

Brembos > LGT brakes > 4/2 pots.

However, doing just the fronts can negatively affect your braking. Brake bias is already heavily leaning towards the front and adding even more braking force in the front will only make it worse.

Disagree ^.

Countless number of people have done the so called H6 upgrade with no ill effects.

Better pads and tires will give the most you can get out of whatever setup you have.

O.

Brembos > LGT brakes > 4/2 pots.

However, doing just the fronts can negatively affect your braking. Brake bias is already heavily leaning towards the front and adding even more braking force in the front will only make it worse.

I did just the front brakes on my 2nd gen with slotted/drilled rotors and carbon ceramic pads. Overkill? Maybe, but the stock brakes were absolutely terrible even with 2 Pot calipers on the front. I've noticed no adverse effects in braking and those upgraded brakes have saved my ass more than once with jackholes who don't look before they pull out of a parking lot. As long as you break them in properly, there should be no negative effects. That being said, as soon as I put my 16" wheels on, I'll be doing the H6 brake upgrade to the rear, adding a master cylinder brace, upgrade to steel lines, and it should feel like a brand new car.

• 1 month later...
100% agree with Osei. My 3rd gen has the JDM 4 pots and the car stops fantastic. I had to use 17" Blitzen wheels to clear the brakes. On my 2G Legacy gt BD Chassis I did the H6 brake upgrade and they was amazing for that little car. It needed a serious upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the part, access to salvage yard, and end result.

I've gotten my calipers from salvage yards, std rotors locally and slotted rotors from 3 rd

party.

Std brake pads from Rock Auto and performance pads from another 3rd party, tho' RockAuto does sell some ceramic pads.

SS brake lines 3rd party and better brake fluid 3rd party.

O.

Seeing as my thread is still active I thought I would conclude it with the results from my upgrade. I ended up doing the 05 gt front brakes. I got the calipers from a local auto parts store. The pads and rotors came from eBay.

Here are some pics 6ed92808191937059648b030aa6d8266.jpge18278eab19d4ae896626490b59f7e85.jpg682951805b42a5ca8d63f44e65940e1a.jpg594bb575d2845a3721afa9cab4af7230.jpg2f8b27e0462ddf453ed7ba54cff8bb45.jpgdbeb3fcc1d77e3d7dc5cbf87ebc0601c.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived