LegacyGT.com

OEM or equivalent wind deflectors?

Hi all - new here.

Picked up a used 2016 Legacy Limited in January, and except for a few minor things (autoplay bluetooth, wonky eyesight when the vehicle in front leaves lane to turn), I really like it so far.

Anyway, I priced out window and roof air deflectors at the dealership... yikes.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy them? Couldn't believe how expensive they are through the dealer, and I think I can install them myself...

Thanks,

Andrew

Hello and welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your new to you 2016; I've had mine for almost 2 years now and it has been a blast.

I created an aftermarket Mods and Accessories list which will have some alternative options available for you to view and yes the visors that other members have had success with are also listed.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-6th-gen-legacy-aftermarket-mods-and-accessories-233671.html

Enjoy the forum and remember to use the search function.

Hello and welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your new to you 2016; I've had mine for almost 2 years now and it has been a blast.

I created an aftermarket Mods and Accessories list which will have some alternative options available for you to view and yes the visors that other members have had success with are also listed.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-6th-gen-legacy-aftermarket-mods-and-accessories-233671.html

Enjoy the forum and remember to use the search function.

Thanks! I'll have a look. I did in fact do a search (before I joined) but didn't find anything... probably just missed it.

Congrats!

A few of us have the well visors. No roof deflector though.

So far so good, I've enjoyed having them on the car. No issues.

Let me see if my photobucket is working, I haven't bothered trying to switch over yet since photobucket went crazy. This will probably lock this photobucket account, but here are the well visors. the chrome parts has been plastidipped black to match the rest of my car.

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx321/chowser51/IMG_3895.jpg

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx321/chowser51/332DEE0D-2682-4872-8E3A-44C4E09E3659.jpg

I didn't think WeatherTech made them for the sixth gen? I actually looked on their website yesterday. I picked up OEM ones yesterday, but haven't installed them yet. Would definitely prefer in channel visors over the stick on.

I didn't think WeatherTech made them for the sixth gen? I actually looked on their website yesterday. I picked up OEM ones yesterday, but haven't installed them yet. Would definitely prefer in channel visors over the stick on.

That’s correct; they don’t make them for the 6th gen and I honestly don’t think they have any plans to after speaking with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been considering on the Well Visors. I'm missing out on not having any at all especially with the hot summer days we've been having. Nice to crack open the window when it's raining and not get any water in or fogging of the windshield.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The Wellvisors have been working well for me. No leaks. We're having weird t storms off and on all week and it's been great just cracking the windows open a little.

Yes! This is what I want to hear. How long have you had them? Is the adhesive holding up well? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

When I got my '16 I tried to find Weathertech visors but was advised by the company that although the units are made in the US the molds are made in Germany and (at that time) they had no plans to have molds made. I suspect because so few Legacys are sold in comparison to other cars. At the time the only option was OEM which I purchased on the internet from Claremont NH Subaru. The Ebay cost (free shipping) was less than from my selling dealer even with my "special" discount as a buyer.

The OEM units are an easy install, but there are no instructions supplied. The box had a web address printed on the outside to show you where you go to download same. The whole install process took about 20 min, but the pictographs (no written guide) are not the best. I have had them on 2 winters in temps down to -15F and summers up to about 100F without issue.

That being said, I would have probably have bought the Wellvisor units as they look the same and are much much cheaper, but were not available at the time

Guys, I installed my OEM visors on Sunday and took it on the highway for the first time today. Problem is, I now have a whistling wind noise. I put the door seal back in correctly and cannot figure out why this is happening. This is only coming from my drivers window, and the seal is tight around the two clips. Any thoughts?

I have no issues with mine.

The only "suggestion" I can make is that you check to see if all the adhesive cover strip was removed. When I did mine I noticed that the cover strip had torn and stayed on the plastic is a small area just past where the clip attached to one of the rear the windows. I had to use a pair of tweezers to pull it off as the vent was so tight to the window I could not get my fingers in to pull it off.

Archived