LegacyGT.com

Steering Wheel Controls...

So this last week my volume up controls are no longer working. Anyone run into this with a solution? I'm doing my best to not replace the radio or any other parts of the stereo since I have a history of going deep with stereo's in my cars. I read there was a recall in the past but I've checked into it and there are no open recalls on my car.

2010 3.6r with HK in dash changer

So this last week my volume up controls are no longer working. Anyone run into this with a solution? I'm doing my best to not replace the radio or any other parts of the stereo since I have a history of going deep with stereo's in my cars. I read there was a recall in the past but I've checked into it and there are no open recalls on my car.

2010 3.6r with HK in dash changer

The recall was for the roll connector in the steering column.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mine happens when the weather starts getting humid outside. It goes away when the weather is cooler. Basically I've concluded that the only thing to resolve the issue is to replace the controls. This involves taking the air bag off. Be careful if you attempt to repair/replace the controls yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would check with a dealer. Mine stopped working years ago and were replaced. Even if your car isn't covered by an active recall there might be enough of a known issue where they just replace them.

Mine was intermittent and they were operational when I brought the car in. They just took my word for it and replaced them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 5000 miles outside of my warranty ending, my CALL END button (left side controls on the 2013) stopped working.

I do long road trips for work, and I'm "on call" to answer my work phone, so I use those button quite a bit. I'm very gentle with them, like all things with my car, so I don't know why it failed.

I watched a youtube video on how to change them out, and it was enough for me to decide to bring it to the dealer.

You have to remove the airbag, remove the steering wheel, break down the entire steering wheel down to the frame, and then remove the control buttons.

Simple in theory and in the video but I wasn't about to attempt this.

I think the bill was around $300-350. I contacted SOA and they actually send me a goodwill check to cover the entire amount! That was 3 years ago now

Archived