LegacyGT.com

Has anyone solved the AP/Tatrix disco at high RPM/load?

Has anyone fixed the AP/Tatrix disconnect at high RPM/loads in their car? Even logging ~10 values my tatrix will disconnect/stop logging sometimes when doing pulls.

I remember reading a few threads about it, but I don't remember reading any solutions.

I put extra chokes on my USB cable. No problem since then.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Interesting. Had the same thing recently with mine running BTSSM.

So are you saying it's just electrical interference then fahr_side?

That was my rough conclusion with mine, as soon as I simplified my whole setup and rerouted the cable behind the dash it's been sweet.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Well, there's no getting around the fact that the Windoze USB stack is garbage. There's just nothing we can do about that. I find 'better' cables suffer less dropout issues. I've bought a couple with two chokes on them, and added chokes to cheap cables with none. Always improves the situation greatly, or fixes the problem completely. So yes I think a good deal of the reported issues are related to electrical noise. The inside of a car is a really horrible environment.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

What's the issue? I've not run into anything that made me feel like something wasn't working properly while logging

Tactrix, generics usb cable, otg cable, Android running btssm.

Lots of threads on this already, but a lot of people suffer issues where while logging, their AP or laptop will lose connection with the ECU during a WOT pull. I can pretty much guarantee the issue is due to electrical noise.

Definitely have this issue. It made e-tuning a damn nightmare. Very tough to get solid WOT data for the tuner. So those ferrite clamp-on cores should help? Would putting one towards each end of the AP cable near the connectors be the best locations?

Ferrite chokes didn't help mine. It could be anything from a grounding strap to dirty voltage from the alternator or internal noise of the Ecu.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Archived