LegacyGT.com

Thermal Zero uppipe/downpipe blanket questions

Has anyone has any experience with Thermal Zero blankets?

I see the normal blankets and the 'Lava' blankets.

I'm wondering if the 'Lava' version is worth purchasing over the normal ones.

Here's what I'm looking at...

Thank you I appreciate it!

IMG_1719.thumb.PNG.1ce0f72515a03d588f80c4b2583b3958.PNG

I'm using the black up and down pipe blankets. They work well. Sure the lava one is just a thicker layer if ins. So, if you want the best one get it if you have a race car. If not, just dd the black one

• Moderators
I ran the thermal zero downpipe blanket. It does seem to create some surface rust under the blanket, but was pretty great. Don't use it if you have a front-forward cat converter. You shouldn't wrap / heat blanket a cat converter IMO unless you want to melt it.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I have the Thermal Zero up-pipe, just put it on. Normal black one. No comments on it so far. It fit well and seemed well constructed.

I did by the PTP Lava turbo blanket and it's falling a part after 3+ years. When it goes, I'll replace it with a Thermal 0, (probably Lava)

Thank you for the responses!

Since I'm in California I have to deal with the smog crap so I'm doing most of the mods that are reversible with ease. On top of the regular bolt ons I got on the car I'm adding a mishimoto intercooler, equal length headers and an e-tune. Then I'm thinking of adding the blankets the prevent heat soak and just keeping the engine bay temps down as much as I can. Oh and I do have a Cobb heat shield with gold reflective tape on the inside.

Archived