LegacyGT.com

2.5i Sway Bars

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't need them. My stock ones are not bad, though a little rusty. I am just a very particular individual and like things to match, and I like how beefy the Perrin ones are. To illustrate how particular I am, I replaced every bolt, stud and nut and gasket in my exhaust system just so the hardware wasnt as rusty

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't understand the 15+ wrx sway bar recommendation. Subaru has made a 20mm sway bar for the wrx for many years...long before 2015...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

All STi RSB from about 08 on were 19mm until 2015 when the STi got a 20mm. All WRX's have always been 16mm stock.

All STi RSB from about 08 on were 19mm until 2015 when the STi got a 20mm. All WRX's have always been 16mm stock.

I am not talking about stock bars, I am saying there has always been a subaru branded 20mm sway bar for the impreza, I believe it was a performance add on or spt part. It was available before 2015 is my point, it didn't just appear it was available before then.

I am not talking about stock bars, I am saying there has always been a subaru branded 20mm sway bar for the impreza, I believe it was a performance add on or spt part. It was available before 2015 is my point, it didn't just appear it was available before then.

I've never heard of or seen that anywhere.

If it fit the FB series it would be listed as such, the suspension on Subarus has a long history of being similar or identical in many areas across the lineup. As the SGP takes over expect that to continue and probably become more inclusive.

This is probably what you are looking for, you should verify fitment before ordering though.

https://www.flatironstuning.com/p-2932-perrin-lightweight-crank-pulley-for-brz-2015-16-wrx-fafb-engine.aspx

Alright, so the crank pulley from all images I have found, looks like it will bolt on. I noticed on the 6th gens (same motor I believe the FB) that an additional bolt or part is required to install? And then as for the water pump pulley, that defibitely looks like what is on my car, but is the diameter the same?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If I were you, I would post the question in a similar thread in the sixth gen forum. If it is the same engine code, I would probably be confident enough to order it were I in your shoes.

That said, I have seen many places on several forums that people claim that these pulleys are more trouble than they're worth and only make a difference free reving in neutral.

I don't want to give you a negative thinking but I rather not do anything to the 2.5i's engine, not worth the headache. Suspension and lighting are enough for me. Unless you haven't got it, invest your $200 to upgrade your headlights with retro kit.

I just dont want to spend 200 bucks and then have cool aluminum paperweights

IMO save your money. I have a LWCP on my EJ 2.5i. I used a G-tech before and after the install and I couldn't come up with any measurable results. My thought for the 1st few days was it was a complete waste of money. After cooling down after a couple days (I had also bent a rim on the post install test drive), it did seem to little better throttle response in 1st and 2nd gears (6MT). It isn't worth the money. I am getting ready to sell my 2.5i. I even was thinking about just leaving it on the car, but I will probably remove it since it isn't that hard to uninstall. I won't bother putting it on my GT until I do the timing belt. Easily this is the worst money I have spent on my 2.5i...

Archived