LegacyGT.com

07 legacy engine swap

Hey everyone i have a 2007 subaru legacy 2.5i i believe the engine model is ej253 but it recently died an am currently looking for a new engine is there any other engines i can put in this car? Possibly a turbo charged one? This car is also an automatic transmission so be easy on me guys lmao

Anything is possible with money...your cheapest way out is to put a ej253 back in the car. You may be able to find one in a junkyard.

In this thread, http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

There is a link to a engine shop in Michigan about a couple months back in time.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/ service manuals may help you out too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That's not enough to turbo charge your car and have the same performance as a GT. It's a commonly asked question.

You may be better off to sell your car for whatever and buy a 4th gen GT, the only problem with buying a cheap 4th gen GT is you need to know its history. GT's need lot's of TLC to run well and give great bang for the buck.

I would think most any repair shop or auto parts store can give you info on a replacement ej253.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 3 years later...

Start your own thread so its easier to follow.

click on the link in my sig, that has become the poster child for how to do it right the first time.

New ej257 and engine gasket set for your year car, have the heads rebuilt and use ARP head studs.