LegacyGT.com

97 L Postal: hot air all blows constantly

You mean air is always flowing through your vents no matter what?

Center vents are controlled by the "recirculation" button on your HVAC controls.

Side vents have a slider to close/open the vents.

Do you have the sliders and recirc button? Where is air coming from?

It's coming out of the defrost, even when the selector isn't on a setting. I can swith it to dash/floor and it's still flowing. That's with the fan shut off. On "0". It's too hot riding in my car, stopping and going in rural county all day with that... It's like a sauna.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's coming out of the defrost, even when the selector isn't on a setting. I can swith it to dash/floor and it's still flowing. That's with the fan shut off. On "0". It's too hot riding in my car, stopping and going in rural county all day with that... It's like a sauna.

Does the recirculation button do anything?

Air flows through my vents unless I turn ON recirculation.

I had trouble with my wagon when I first got it where air would come through the dash most of the time no matter what the controls were set for. I got a used climate control panel from Ebay and no problems since.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a rubber seal or something around the vent/door/whatever-it's-called that opens and closes with the recirculation button? If so, maybe that's old and bad...?

The recirc button controls an actuator that closes the recirc vent. Tell me, are the lights for the recirc button and blend functions on when you switch between top vents and floor vents?

• 2 weeks later...
The recirc button controls an actuator that closes the recirc vent. Tell me, are the lights for the recirc button and blend functions on when you switch between top vents and floor vents?

I'm going to have to look at that. I've never noticed, but I've never considered paying attention to that. What would it mean if the light didn't remain on?

You would have a short in the plug. My second gen has this intermittent problem where the lights for the blend functions, recirc, and AC buttons won't illuminate. When that happens, it just reverts to the last function before the short happened. I.E. If I had the blend door set to Vent/Floor and want to change it to vent only, if I press the button and the light doesn't light up for vent, it still remains on Vent/Floor.

My connector from the harness has some loose pins, so I have to smack it a couple times for it to work. Hitting a big bump generally causes it to work again.

Archived