LegacyGT.com

random codes coming and going

So let's start like this.. driving home my lego stutterd and stalled out (5eat). checked my ap and it said cyld 1 misfire, so I swapped coil and plug from #1 with number 2, and reset ecu. So ruff idle and code popped up for cyldr 4 so wtf... so called my friend at brokenmotorsports and he said check ground so while checking around I found the brown harness connector that sits over the trans half melted from sitting next to the exhaust housing of the turbo. and now am getting a code for running to rich(11.xxx at idle) and a maf code. any1 have this issue b4? and have a leadon where I can get this connector asap??

Are you sure on the cylinder numbering, it is different from many other cars:

1 - Passenger F

2 - Driver F

3 - Passenger R

4 - Driver R

Suggest you focus on isolating and fixing the misfire first.

Do you have turbo heat shields installed?

Check here for tech service info, may be useful.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/vacation-pix-171435.html

Hope that helps.

A junkyard may be a good place to get a connector.

If your close to http://www.AZPinstalls.com check with them, Mike or Rey may be able to help you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

so after poking stabbing and pacing around I think I've found my problem, might be my maf. how u say? well while I had the car on and idling like shit I started tugging at the tip(lol) and tapped at the maf and the freaking idle returned to normal. so I kept tapping and smacking it then the idle went back to shit. so did it again till it returnd to normal. among other things I found my waste gate arm was no longer attached to the waste gate elbow..

Archived