LegacyGT.com

Jdm 99 legacy be5 engine rebuild kit

A master gasket/seal kit has all the seals and gaskets for a rebuild. Usually 330-380$$$ from the dealer. Piston rings and bearings need to be purchased separately I just bought oem rings. But I used aftermarket bearings. Kings have lasted in mine so far 15k miles. Acl bearings have been failing a lot in recent years. Stay away from those.

Before you machine your heads have your master gasket kit in hand the shop will need a couple things from it or expect extra charges.

Even if it's ok get it polished by the machine shop it's like 40 to 50 and they measure it. It's nothing compared to the 200$ plus for your heads. The case halves getting checked and cleaned isn't too bad either. Either way you will have metal in your oil and it's all over your engine it will need to be hot tanked if your shop has the ability to mine said there's was too hot for aluminum, so they used the alternative which was probably just oven cleaner( wash your positions with easy off non bake) . But they got it so much cleaner than I could.

Have you considered a new short block or are you just looking for a hobby. The outcome in cost difference isn't much?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all, found a long block from a 2000 jdm legacy b4 rsk. Engine ej206tt rev c. Will this long block fit in my 99 jdm b4 rsk. Engine ej208tt rev a. Is it a direct swap. Please let me know asap. Going to take a look tomorrow. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Install the new use long block and running like a dream. Perfect fit from rev A to rev B. Thanks for the help. In my case engine swap was a better route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived