LegacyGT.com

Looking to buy a 2007 2.5 gt limited

Hello everyone we guy here not new to Subaru. I'm going to look at an 07 legacy 2.5gt limited tomorrow and was hoping to get a little help/ insight as what to look out for on it. The listing shows that it has 167,000 miles on it. Carfax shows it's a one owner car and it has been serviced at the dealer all the way up to the 90,000 mark. I guess my question is do you think it would be worth it they are asking $4,700

What would be common to look for on this year/ model. I know my impreza had the dreaded head gasket leak as well as the rear pvc cover plate leak

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

These turbo models don't usually have head gasket issues. Instead your worse case scenario which happens all too often is that the turbo fails and send fine metal shrapnel into the engine oiling system which eventually causes the engine to fail. The repair ends up costing around $6,000-$-8,000.

You might want to listen for failing wheel bearings which are common and then the usual brakes, clutch if it's a manual, etc. I'd STRONGLY recommend paying to have the car checked out by a reliable shop and have a compression test done before buying it. When things go wrong with these turbo models it gets expensive FAST.

They are nice though!

Yep pretty much what he said.

Have some extra money on hand...just in case something bad happens.

Every week someone new comes here with a story, I bought the car last week and now the turbo blew.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OK so went to go look at it. When I got there I didn't see it I ask the owner of the lot and he shows me the car...... Car on the lift with the engine and trans sitting on the ground next to it. He tells me someone test drove it and the head gaskets let go. Took a look at the turbo the thing gernaded itself from lack of oil

He had a few others on the lot and this was the best one he had. 06 2.5 get limited. It has a full exhaust on it unsure of brand being it was dark when I got it home. Seems to pull hard but I didn't want to get on it until I look under it.

Sounds like it has a dump pipe on it when it builds boost.

Learn how to check the oil level and always keep it topped off. Never let it get low on oil.

These things use oil at different rates.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived