LegacyGT.com

2017 MPG for 2.5 litter is differ than 2015 models

I asked the dealer the same question and said, "The EPA rates mileage differently now but you'll likely see around 36 in real life."

They adjusted it downward after the increased scrutiny elsewhere. There is no change in the engine.

Your dealer is blowing smoke. Real life is closer to the figures now listed. I have never reached 36 mpg, not even with wind on the highway. Some have exceeded it but it's not the norm.

They adjusted it downward after the increased scrutiny elsewhere. There is no change in the engine.

Your dealer is blowing smoke. Real life is closer to the figures now listed. I have never reached 36 mpg, not even with wind on the highway. Some have exceeded it but it's not the norm.

Agreed, I wasn't going to argue with him because we had already made up our mind on the car. I'll be ecstatic if we see 30mpg combined but I'm not holding my breath. It's not a hybrid and I'm not that concerned about mileage. It's the comfort of a good midsize sedan and outstanding AWD that we were after.

The Legacy 2.5i is certainly capable of hitting those mpg numbers. I average 36 mpg in my '17 Legacy. Mix of 85% city/15% hwy.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n81/kevinishino/cc250308-68ab-47ac-89cf-9c448891dd6e.jpg

If you hypermile, maybe you can hit 36mpg, sometimes.

But most people won't be satisfied (or feel safe) driving on the highway at 55mph in a 65 mph zone while other drivers curse at you and swerve around you.

I won't ever hypermile this car, I drive it like I stole it and get 27mpg combined, which is fine by me (last tank was 30mpg, due to a long highway trip over the berkshires, so impressive, nonetheless since half that drive was going up the same hills I later drove down).

PS: your gauge cluster info is probably 2 mpg optimistic. Use Gas Cubby (or similar) and get your actual mpg's over time by dividing miles driven by gallons put in the tank.

The Legacy 2.5i is certainly capable of hitting those mpg numbers. I average 36 mpg in my '17 Legacy. Mix of 85% city/15% hwy.

Have you verified against the pump value since the gauge value is a hit&miss and often presents a better value than the real value.

453747.png

Archived