LegacyGT.com

09 2.5i 59k miles Gas mileage through the roof,hard pull to BOTH sides HELP!

09 legacy 2.5i limited

Okay, so I bought this car 2 months ago at 58k... carfax and maintenance hisory both looked good...

2wks in it started driving just 'off' so i brought it in to local independent, they said it needed alignment and tires otherwise seemed perfect. Alignment and tires ✅... a week later, it starts feeling like I am applying the brake while driving, at random car just doesn't seem to move from a full stop... and starts shifting a little rough... been in twice with shop saying it's A-Okay... owner said e drove it for over an hour and it was perfect the whole time... what I was feeling was intermittent.. shop suggested maybe sticking brake caliper but suggested I do the 60k since it needed it anyway and maybe that would solve whatever it was... 60K done last Friday 06/09/17... they said everything looked great... car seemed okay at first but then I noticed my gas mileage had suddenly doubled even though the computer says it's actually better, I am driving less than usual... had been taking nearly a week to go through an entire tank, now I was nearing E in TWO days!! Then tonight I get back from out of town for 2 days and when I start the car it's normal idle rumble is more like an idle roar and while driving home car starts emitting this WEIRD howling/whining sound (not quite like wheel bearing but somewhat similar... vibrating from the rear and the car starts pullin HARD to both sides... enough that I stopped to check lugs and tire pressure TWICE... just dropped it back at the shop, and if they say it's nothing again I'll get a second opinion... but any ideas here? Keep in mind the shop has had the car 4 times now amd has only ever charged me for that alignment with tire mount/balance and the 60K service... they're small town people with an impeccable reputation and Sunarus are the family business. I have no reason to believe they are being shady. I'm just looking for ideas here.

FWIW, I just replaced all 4 calipers on my 09. NAPA has a good price on them.

How hot do the brake rotors feel after you stop the car, can you feel the heat from a foot away ? Do you smell brake pads ?

Jack up the car and shake the tires, see if the hubs move.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived