LegacyGT.com

The roof rack on my '96 wagon needs repainting.

I could be 'normal' and paint it black. But I am wondering what other colors you all think might fit in. My car is spruce pearl.

At some point I would like to put an off-road bumper on it and paint to match. Maybe the rims since I will probably buy some slightly larger steelies when I get around to lifting it. Painting those other than chrome/black might be going a little far though.

If you could, what colors other than black would you paint a roof rack?

My wife's eyes have already rolled to the back of her head with the knowledge that I am considering repainting it at all so I am not concerned.

I am deployed right now. I got to come home for paternity leave this week and realized how much it really needs the paint. Nothing will get painted until spring 2018 so I have time to take suggestions and look for the right color and type of paint.

Tl;dr: what color would you paint a roof rack other than black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please just paint it black.

I know you don't want to be "normal", but there's is a reason that everyone's roof racks are black, and that's because that is what looks the best.

It sounds like you have the mod bug and are itching to do some stuff to the car, but for the love of god, don't get in the mindset of "i changed it, therefore it is better" Any other color than black will look tacky as hell.

I definitely have the mod bug.

It's usually never for the better. There's gotta be other colors that might look good though.

I realize that some colors definitely would be tacky.

The only thing I'd ever paint it other than a black would be a dark neutral color that I've used somewhere else in the car. As in, I'm planning on painting my rims in a dark metallic grey, so then I'd paint the roof rack to match (if I was going to paint it at all)

Dude im sorry, but the reason you cant think of one off of the top of your head is because there are no colors that you should paint a roof rack other than black.

Maybe if the whole car was a camo or matte beige color of some sort, and you paint matched the to keep the whole mad max feel of the car...maybe. I still think it would look best black.

Maybe wrap your headliner? Sand and polish your heads/tails? Buy a GD V-Limited lip and retro fit it? Something besides driving around with a colored roof rack that you wont like after you put all the work into painting it

If it were a race car, I'd be up for the neon orange. But it isn't so I won't.

I like the idea of gray. I was thinking about that.

I don't think body color would work on a roof rack. I think it would work on an off-road bumper if I could find a large enough quantity.

I don't like the tan color on outbacks. Someone who lives near me blacked out that part on theirs and it looks good.

My roof on my wagon was showing primer in spots. I went with a professional plasti-dipper and got it shot in black for $150. Been issue free for two years now.http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/zangado8/A52A80EC-3ADC-40B9-BDEC-4E6C585666F9_zpsbkvsygs4.jpg

Archived