LegacyGT.com

Can I get your opinion of these brake rotors (not Subaru)

miltoney

I hope its okay to ask this here, I'm asking about my wife's new ford escape's front rotors. I'm asking here because a lot of people here seem very knowledgeable about cars, and I don't feel like joining another forum to ask one question.

The vehicle has less than 10k miles and the front rotors are heavily scored, the full width of the rotor, both sides, front only. Dealer says it is normal. I have never seen rotors look like this.

What do you guys think?

20170614_192838.jpg

That is what you call bedding in, where the brake pads bed into the rotors, causing those slight lines. Very normal and nothing to be concerned about at this time. Your brakes will let you know when it's time to be replaced.

Squealing or grinding sounds

Vibration under braking

My wife's balls are delicious.

ahh thank you. They actually have recently started squealing quite loudly when coming to a stop, so loud that it is embarrassing, so it will be going back again for that...

gotta say, compared to my Subaru, what a piece of crap this thing is! I'm trying to get her to trade it in already

Something my dad noticed, manufacturers seemed to have switched to 'softer' material for the brake rotors, probably to add to the servicing list and/or save some cash on the rotors.

You can get the rotors faced/machined (if they're within minimum thickness, which they should be), then go through the bedding in process to see if it improves (assuming plenty of pad material is remaining).

Archived