LegacyGT.com

**OFFICIAL** Mid-Atlantic Spotted Thread... V2

SBT

Man Chestertown is out there. Could not get an uber or lyft to pick me up. Hitched to Centerville and it still took 45 minutes to get a uber (no lyft) from there.

Was beautiful country still. I gotta stop for some sea food at Chesapeake Bay next time.

No LGTs spotted from Baltimore to Chestertown and back. Spent the night in Easton, no leggies sported there either.

Schaefers canal house or Chesapeake Inn. Thank me later :lol:

Chillin around the 800 block of O street down town DC today. A few newer Foresters, thats it.

And 1 sweet riced out Scion TC. LOFL.

Had lunch at a Michelin Star French restaurant tho. Nice to see 2 million dollar condos popping up in the hood, lol. Only in America.

I am sure I will be around more in the near future. Not to mention the planned relocation this summer. I now have a project ongoing in downtown DC, Bethesda and Chestertown.

Considering selling my 03 Forester prior to the move and ending all relationships with Subaru. Wife already drives an Acura and the SpecB is a shell thats headed to the crusher. Dont see a ton of interest in a lowered Forester with almost 200k on the clock in the mid-atlantic.

Plenty of awd cars out there but when the snow hits, you might regret getting rid of it. 200k on any car is not desirable. I say drive it until it dies and save up in the mean time.

I would plan to replace it with a awd model. We plan to trade in the wifes Acura for the exact same model car with awd. I was looking at Durangos and 4Runners today. I have this odd desire for enough room to install 4 x 15" woofers. :cool::confused::eek:

:lol:

I wouldn't drive a Durango if you bought it for me, that's coming from a Mopar family. They look nice and have cool features but the quality is not there, same goes for Chevy. Get the 4-runner and enjoy life with routine maintenance.

• I Donated
I occasionally covet an SRT Durango for a little while before coming to my senses. There's just something about a 500hp 7-seater. Then I think about Chrysler reliability and realize I should probably keep my Kia.

m sprank, you're here! :lol:

I live close to Silver Spring. If you see a lowered 06 SWP OBXT, or a 'champagne' (hate this color) slightly lifted 05 OBXT with a post facelift JDM front end and 2017 crosstrek rims, then it'd be me!

There are a few turbo subies around, definitely more wrx than LGTs though. And quite a few BRZs.

4 15s? why not. Which brand? I still have to build the box for my 18 LMS Ultra...

I will probably be back in DC 5/1. Looks like I will be staying a few days. Wife has a house in Harpers Ferry she wants me to check out while I am "in town".

No decision made on subs yet. But, I like the ARC processors and amps. I keep bouncing back and forth on the mid/hi choice. I like the ARC (even though I know they are rebadged) but I have always coveted Dynaudio. It will boil down to budget in the end.

Saw a Kia Telluride yesterday. Never thought I would say I actually looked at a Kia. It might fit 4 x 15 back there and the interior was FAR nicer than the other "SUV's" I have seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted a RARE Crimson Red LGT off the 340 near Charles Town on Wed afternoon around 2PM.

I hate house hunting. Perfect property, house sucks. House is great, lot sucks. Everything is great and it "too far from civilization" for the wifey. Who needs to shop? I'll shoot my meat and grow my vegetables. I got freezers.

:lol:

Are you still in Harpers Ferry for the time being?

If you see one that looks like this one below, then it's me :spin:. Not too flashy but not too bad either.

White one is the daily and Green one is the 'family' one with the JDM front end.

attachment.php?attachmentid=275457&d=1557438385attachment.php?attachmentid=275476&d=1557504400

IMG_20190202_163353.thumb.jpg.af8d80fa52ca75094445ede1b54c9fba.jpg

Edited by xt2005bonbon

I am in Cali this weekend. I may be back in the mid-atlantic next week. Deff going to be in Harpers Ferry last week of May. Taking wife and daughter for another house hunting trip.

Home sites are narrowed down to the area serviced by Driswood and CW Shipley elementary.

• 3 weeks later...
Spotted a few 5th gen Legacys (not GT) around during the Memorial Day weekend. Was bouncing between Fredrick and Harpers Ferry over the weekend. Made an offer on a house in Harpers Ferry, fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

In Baltimore since Monday. Spotted a shit ton of Subies. A few 4th gen Outbacks. No turbo 4th gens tho.

Move to Harpers Ferry looks to be going down in July. House is scheduled to close the 15th. I will be back and forth from Cali to DC area every week until then.

Still undecided, the Forester might make the trip east.

In Baltimore since Monday. Spotted a shit ton of Subies. A few 4th gen Outbacks. No turbo 4th gens tho.

Move to Harpers Ferry looks to be going down in July. House is scheduled to close the 15th. I will be back and forth from Cali to DC area every week until then.

Still undecided, the Forester might make the trip east.

Congratulations! Bring it East and drive it around for a few months. Sell it around November when people start thinking about winter and snow. That should help sell it a little quicker and get you closer to your asking price. If the underbody is rust free, you should be able to sell it pretty quick.

The Forester is HIGHLY modified. Chassis has been modified. No rust, but its so stiff it 3 wheels around turns. I did see one other slammed forester so maybe it fits in. I hear way more bass than in Cali too, but the Forester destroys everything I have heard.