LegacyGT.com

Outback xt short block with ej22 heads?

I've been reading about frankenmotor builds and I have an old legacy with the ej22 in it. I also have an old short block from my outback xt build.

Would this combo work for this build?

The outback block has lower compression pistons so those would need to be swapped for NA pistons I assume?

This build is usually done with an EJ25D from what I've gathered. But. This thing is just sitting in my garage.

I'm asking because I'm pulling the motor in the near future to replace the trans and thought if I have all or most of the things needed then why not give it a go!?

I see your in CO, contact Dave at Cryotuning. He's the one your going to want to have tune the car.

You can tell Dave I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I see your in CO, contact Dave at Cryotuning. He's the one your going to want to have tune the car.

You can tell Dave I sent you.

Dave is awesome! He's been tuning my rebuilt xt actually!

The combo in question would be the xt old block. The ej22e heads and then put back into the 95 legacy it came out of. Total experimental build. But I've seen the guys on the rs25 forum do it with ej257/255s and run low boost 6-8psi with what looks like some fun results.

Check Craigslist in northern co/ fort Collins there was a guy selling 22t pistons for 50$, who knows maybe they match your block's bores.

I would post a link but I'm slackn at work on my phone.

Haha all good. Appreciate the lead

Archived