LegacyGT.com

Subaru Legacy 2011 issues...

I am hoping to find some answers to some issues I am having and hearing with my 2011 Subaru Legacy.

When I start my car and run it in park for a few minutes, I hear a loud rattle. The rattle will come and go while the engine runs louder than normal. Then when I put the car in reverse or drive, the rattle is then gone and the loud engine noise is more quiet. The rattle will come again when accelerating around 25-35mph. I have had multiple mechanics look to see if the heat shield is making the rattling noise, so far 3 of them have said the heat shield is secured properly.

Now I did do some research myself to find the issue, and I found it may be the Torque Converter. I am no car guy by any means, so I am not 100% sure that's what it is.

My car also makes a "chugging" or a low rumble when I am stopped (not stopping). Not all of the time, but sometimes it will almost grumble, like an empty stomach.

Does anyone have any insight they can give me?

I am hoping to find some answers to some issues I am having and hearing with my 2011 Subaru Legacy.

When I start my car and run it in park for a few minutes, I hear a loud rattle. The rattle will come and go while the engine runs louder than normal. Then when I put the car in reverse or drive, the rattle is then gone and the loud engine noise is more quiet. The rattle will come again when accelerating around 25-35mph. I have had multiple mechanics look to see if the heat shield is making the rattling noise, so far 3 of them have said the heat shield is secured properly.

Now I did do some research myself to find the issue, and I found it may be the Torque Converter. I am no car guy by any means, so I am not 100% sure that's what it is.

My car also makes a "chugging" or a low rumble when I am stopped (not stopping). Not all of the time, but sometimes it will almost grumble, like an empty stomach.

Does anyone have any insight they can give me?

It could be a rattling heat shield. I get all kinds of rattling noises from my 2011. If you have a real deep concern for noises you can't diagnose on your own I think your best bet is to take it into the dealership and have them look it over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Archived