LegacyGT.com

Do most tuners increase redline like cobb?

Was looking at the available maps from Cobb, and the stage 1 maps all increase the redline to 7k RPM - I was looking at some of the WRX maps, and they do that there, as well (increasing to 6700 or 7000rpm).

Mine was not increased on my McDowell Tune. Any tuner that knows our cars knows that the cams and valve springs really stop making power before redline. Why wind it up without benefit? All our power is produced before 5.5k. Now with STi cams and valve springs and presumably an 18 or 20g....sure, redline could be higher.

Mine is at 7200, but like you said. The cams, valve springs, etc. make it worth it. Without those, I agree, no benefit.

Some of you must have never hit the rev limiter while taking off fast from 1st, just a few hundred rpm make a big difference between hitting a wall and changing gears. It's not always about more power...

Who here shifts up at 5500 rpm when driving "competitively".

Any tuner should have the ability to raise redline, but they might not do it unless you ask them to.

I know a higher redline can be beneficial for autox sometimes. A few hundred RPM can help you get further before you're coasting, bouncing off the limiter, or trying to shift.

Archived