LegacyGT.com

The HellCat Rebuild - JDM Engine install thread

Quite the roller coaster of a build. Bummer you have to end up selling, but it looks like you might at least break even on it. Of course time cannot be replaced but, hopefully your skills improved and you learned a couple things along the way :)

Of course I did. I've realized the H6 is just not my cup of tea, at least something of this age. My SVX is temperamental enough for me, but the engine is bulletproof on that one. It's a bittersweet victory in the end for sure and an emotional ride. I don't want to sell it because I love the power of the H6, but I've got a baby coming in May and my garage has Subaru number 6 sitting in it right now getting ready to receive a frankenmotor. That too will also be sold as soon as it's done too in favor of downsizing the fleet. Insurance and registration is a pain in the ass for 5 vehicles. All that will be left is my SVX, my 99 Outback, and our 02 Forester alongside my wife's new Fusion.

• 2 months later...

Final Update: The car sold this evening. Minus my time invested, I basically broke even on the whole car. I sold it for $2,900. I think I lost like $60 on it as a whole. The saga has been concluded. I found a buyer who will love this vehicle for what it was meant to be and will have a reliable car for years to come. It's been an experience and a lot of lessons were learned along the way. The number one lesson my wife and I learned, don't be afraid to walk away, even if the price is a steal. With the money we invested in the car, we could have bought her a nicer car than sitting on it for a year to only break even.

We both had some memories and some long nights with that car. The emotional attachment was real. I never felt bittersweet about selling a car before. Most of the time, it was a mutual decision between me and the car, this time it was different. I was ready to let go of the car, at times it made me ill to look at the car just sitting there, but at the same time, I really wish I could have held onto it to see its full potential.

The money we made on it will go back to buying another car. This time, it will be a flip vehicle, no attachment, just bought and sold to turn a profit. I have a house to finish buying and a kid on the way that we need to save money for. The next 4 months will be a ride, but I'm ready to take it.

this was a little funny to me, just take a look back at the first post and now this one...you didn't just make progress on the car you have a wife now and a kid on the way congrats man! hopefully you will still have time for us.:lol:

Thanks on the congrats. Looking back to when I started this endeavor, I never knew my life would take such a turn. Everything happened so suddenly, and to top it all off, I am in the process of buying a house, in fact 10 days left until COE. My new place has a full shop on just over an acre, which I talked to the wife and she thinks I should open my own Subaru shop. That means more Subies and more posts here on the forum. Baby Nora isn't due until May 6, which is fast approaching, so my time isn't too tied up yet.

Archived