LegacyGT.com

Rusted blistein with 45 thous mile

tonystark0007

Here's a few suggestions. Surface prep is important. You need to remove all loose paint and rust. A wire brush in a drill usually works well. Wipe down and clean the surface with rags and a solvent that will not leave any residue, such as brake cleaner or acetone. Apply a rust coating paint, such as PQR-15, following their instructions. The usual color of PQR-15 paint is black. You could leave it as is, or paint over it with another color. Shocks can get hot and live in a moist environment, so any paint you choose has to be suitable for that or it will not last.

just installed them but dont like them, my jdm gt rev b i had on my car were way more handling and control at 70 plus speed plus front gab seem higher even tho this spec b one feel little more comfortable not by mush any suggestion maybe change springs ?

ok let me start with my original kyb stock set up i can do 120 mph pretty firm as far as swaying i got the jdm gt rev b complete set up pros: big improvement on curves cons car had a little swaying at same speed 100 mph plus and harsh pot hole got them on ebay note:both previous set was with 17"stock wheel so i decided to try these usdm 08 spec b set up with the 18" oem rims on the pothole little less harsh but at high speed i feel less control of the vehicle like some swaying just want to feel in control at 100 mph plus (haven't wheel balanced or alignment on the last set up if the make it difference i have the oem spec b springs now its a oem complete set up .

I'm a little confused by what you mean by swaying. I think you are talking about wanting better straight-line stability at high speeds.

There are a lot of variables in suspension tuning and if you change too many things at once it is hard sometimes to know what is going on. Alignment is very important for high-speed stability and if you swapped struts and springs you need a good alignment done, also.

If you have the stock spec-B suspension now (or close to it) here are a few suggestions to improve high-speed stability.

- Upgrade rear anti-sway bar from stock to approx 20mm. Upgrade stock anti-sway bar endlinks at the same time.

- Install an anti-lift kit to replace the front lower control arm bushings. This will change the front suspension geometry to give you more caster & replace the bushings with firmer ones.

- Bring your tire pressures up a few PSI from the stock recommendation. Do not exceed the max pressure rating on the side of the tires, though.

If you are not happy after doing all that, then you may want to use firmer springs all around. This will make your ride harsher, though.

Ok thank bro for taking the time to reply on here i have white line rear bar none adjustable now with mogg endlink with stock bracket the anti lift kit will replace all the bushing on my lower control arm will the include ball joint also but thats what i want better high speed stability it funny with the stocker gt shock i had better high speed stability thanks again for the help appreciated.

The ALK replaces the main LCA bushings which are the squishy tennis balls you get with the stock suspension. The stock bushing tends to wear out quickly, and when that happens, the car will feel like it is wandering around and steering imprecisely.

You don't necessarily have to use an ALK, just having a firmer bushing will help quite a bit. The ALK will give you somewhat crisper turn-in and there will be more self-centering action in the steering. You will get a little more vibration and noise coming through from the road, but it is not too bad.

Archived