LegacyGT.com

De-motivational Posters! - Vol-2

SBT

There existed a time in American history when men of a certain age would not have stepped out-of-doors in anything less than a suit with a hat, properly fastened necktie, and spit-shined leathers.

Then it became an open neck button-up shirt with a pair of dress-pants.

Next came the "Dockers," and suddenly boat-shoes and loafers were acceptable.

Soon we were comfortable in a T-shirt (an undergarment, by my grandfathers' definition of menswear), jeans, and "athletic" footwear.

Getting a gallon of milk or going to the Office Max to pick up something or another for my daughter's ridiculous homework assignments? I have no problem doing so in sweats, a T, and an old and tattered pair of sneakers (I try not to wear flip-flops out, simply because it's hard for me to run in them, and who knows when I might have to use the Nike defense :lol:), but I don't think you'd catch my great-grandfather - or even my grandfather - dead in that same outfit (or, heck, "demeaning" themselves for such tasks, which clearly should be work for the womenfolk :rolleyes::spin::lol:). And I'd sure as hell bet that they think what I wear every single day (T-shirt over jeans, with a baseball cap and some kind of metro-tacticool footwear that shows my social standings when with friends :lol:) is way inappropriate for a professional scientist. :redface::p

Sure, that man in the right-side panel in ehsnils's post may not fit my personal definition of manly style...but can I see someone like that coming into my home to take my daughter out on a date? ;)

Let's put it this way - what did *_your_* father - or, better yet, your wife's father - think of you and your fashion sense?

What did their fathers, of theirs?

Face it, boys. We're just getting old.

After all, I'll admit, there was a time in my life where I thought looking like this would get me all the women:

c0cb87a3354f9b35302f043ebb9f4b2a--don-johnson-miami-vice.jpg

Edited by TSi+WRX

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Fun3/you_had_one_job_but_failed_miserably_640_31.jpg

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Fun3/you_had_one_job_but_failed_miserably_640_32.jpg

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Fun3/you_had_one_job_but_failed_miserably_640_35.jpg

453747.png

+1 You just described me.

Went from a Big House to this one, From Audis to Subarus, upgrades now is to make life less complicated.

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆