LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Offsets, Sizes for Rims and Tires on the GT! Xenonk Version! - Vol 2

SBT

Had anyone fit 235/40/18 setup on the enkei Raijin 18x8.5 wheel? This would be 08 spec b stock suspension and ride height... I'm guessing some minor rolling and this would be an okay setup? Maybe a 245 tire even?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Had anyone fit 235/40/18 setup on the enkei Raijin 18x8.5 wheel? This would be 08 spec b stock suspension and ride height... I'm guessing some minor rolling and this would be an okay setup? Maybe a 245 tire even?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Looks like the Raijin only comes in a +45 offset for an 18x8.5 5x100 so you should not have any issues. On stock suspension like it's been mentioned you should be fine without rolling your fenders but if you bump up to a 245 there might be some clearance issues on compression. If you're fine with doing a roll, it's probably not a bad idea to do it in case you decide to lower your car in the future.

245/40 is tall. a 245/35 would be better. but also a trick would be to max positive camber on the bolt, and then go negative on the camber plate assuming you had plates.

I agree completely, and that’s what I had to do to make them work.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, Noob to fitment on wheels/tires here.. Does anyone know if this set up will fit on an 07 LGT sedan stock height:

18 x 8 rims and 245/40/18 R 97T

I'm concerned the tires will be too tall to fit without having to roll the fenders. Also the effect on ride quality.

TIA!

I don't think anyone knows how to use a forum anymore, ie reading backwards or even the very first post.. It's always been easier to just ask the same questions over and over.

18x8 with a +45 offset and a 245/40 will likely require rolled fenders, especially if you lower the car.

You could likely get away with a 235/40/18 and not have to roll fenders, even lowering the car.

Ride quality will be fine, and it's a good looking fitment for our cars with the right tire. Hopefully they're a decent weight.

Yea I read the last few posts beforehand, was just curious for a more definitive answer for the exact 18x8 wheel on the 245/40. I saw the same tire size previously mentioned but on an 18x8.5 wheel. Wasn't sure if the slight smaller wheel width would make a difference is more what I was looking into. Thanks Boozer, your input is pretty much what I was assuming.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone 06 Legacy GT Limited looking for new tires wanting to go wider.

My current setup is stock suspension, 17x7.5 45 offset with 215/45/17 shitty uniroyal gtz tires

Looking to go any of these

225/45/17

235/45/17

Either Federal SS595 or 595rs-r

Looking to go wider without rubbing

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

First off, it's not clear if you're running the stock wheels or not. If so, the stock wheels have a +55 mm offset not +45. With that said I think a 235 tire might be a little too wide for a 7.5" wide wheel. I'm running the stockers with 225/45 x 17 tires and they fit perfect, even lowered on H&R springs over Konis. Also, the 225 size makes your speedo more accurate. Here is a website you can use to calculate all the variables. Good luck.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Edited by JohnnyT

• 3 weeks later...
I have a 06 spec B and im looking to see what size rim they are runningattachment.php?attachmentid=270433&d=1541446819. I want to go off road. Not rally but just explore off road. i see i need 5x100. any one know what mm i need?

Not sure I understand your question. But if you have stock brakes, you will most likely have to run 17" wheels with a 5x100 bolt pattern. Your stock offset is +55mm. I'm pretty sure I've run +40mm 17x8 without rubbing.

Yep stock brakes and rins. Which tire size would you run for the 17's? I just want to use some good year wrangler or similar 10 ply tire if I can. I looked at the calculator. 215/50/17 is the closest in size to stock it says. That looks like a hard tire to find for offroad though.. Edited by 2soon