LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Offsets, Sizes for Rims and Tires on the GT! Xenonk Version! - Vol 2

SBT

Man its been a while since I posted in these forums.

Alright so I have Epic Springs I managed to pick up from a forum member a while ago with KYB excel G struts BUT, I'm currently on stock suspension. My wheel size is 18x8 +48 and I have BFGoodrich g-Force COMP 2 a/s 235/40r18 tires on them that are currently on the car but getting a 'lot of rub in the rear when I hit a slight bump or take a corner hard.

My questions, if I get the same tire but 225 instead of 235 and I install the new springs/struts, will I get rub and will that suspension set up be good? I cant seem to find anybody with that combo.

Kind of surprised that you're getting that much rub on the stock suspension with those wheel and tires specs. I ran 255/35/18 on a 9.5 et38 on stock height for the fun of it and I didn't get any rub...

You'll definitely need to do a fender roll since you're rubbing already. A 225 tire would be better as that would be more in line with the factory diameter. Clearance wise you'll be about the same as you'll gain pretty minimal natural camber from the springs.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I have an 09 2.5i on stock suspension. Stock tire size is 205/50/17 but I'm looking into a new set of wheels with 225/45/18 tires. Will this work with stock suspension?

On stock suspension those tires will probably be fine. A bit on the tall side so your speedometer will be off. Like it's been asked, wheel specs (width and offset) are needed to really know if it would work for you or not

On stock suspension those tires will probably be fine. A bit on the tall side so your speedometer will be off. Like it's been asked, wheel specs (width and offset) are needed to really know if it would work for you or not

Yeah, I just went along and got them and turns out they work fine - they're mounted on OEM 06-07 Spec B wheels, 18x7 +55 offset.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to get some new wheels and need some help.

I'm lowered on swift springs (-1.2" F/-1.0" R drop).

I currently have 2011 wrx wheels (17x8 +55) with 235/45/17 tires.

The wheels I'm looking at are 17x9 +42 and I will most likely keep the 235/45/17 tires.

Will I need to roll my fenders?

Thanks. I'll have to find a local who does that.

Make sure that whoever is going to do the roll does it correctly. It involves a heat gun if you want to do it right, otherwise youll crack the paint most probably. Ive seen too many obvious hack jobs and it comes out looking terrible. If I see one more baseball bat youtube video...smh

Edited by stocklgt

I might recommend against that setup truthfully. It should look good, definitely a nice wide stance and will fill out the wells, but it's a bit too much poke too for my tastes. Try a test fit first if possible​.

I might recommend against that setup truthfully. It should look good, definitely a nice wide stance and will fill out the wells, but it's a bit too much poke too for my tastes. Try a test fit first if possible​.
I may not buy them anyways. They were just on sale. According to willtheyfit.com the setup would stick out an additional 2.6 cm (approximately).

I ran a 17x9 +45 and it was too much poke in my opinion, that's all I'm saying. Lot of wheel.

The perfect fit seems to me to be about 17x8.5 and +48, but nobody makes that fitment except I think Gram Lights for $2k..

Edited by BoozeRS05

if you have the option to rent a fender roller, rolling fenders is super easy as long as you take your time in ensuring you have enough heat in your fenders. i've owned by eastwood one for 6 years now and i rent it out on the side and it's paid itself off quite a bit. also as silly as it sounds, if you need to do a slight pull go with the phone book route. i find people who people with a fender roller give you a flared fender edge which i'm not a fan of. a clean even pull can be done with the phone book method

I ran a 17x9 +45 and it was too much poke in my opinion, that's all I'm saying. Lot of wheel.

The perfect fit seems to me to be about 17x8.5 and +48, but nobody makes that fitment except I think Gram Lights for $2k..

if you step up to 18s, wedssports have that width and offset. ask me how i know :)

and all you need to do suprisingly is roll. I never pulled and rarely rub.

20180804_123621.thumb.jpg.0f18197d49d1c65e19a781a499f094fa.jpg

20180804_122722.thumb.jpg.aeea793e5c12e1f8925d1859f5b4812a.jpg

• 1 month later...
if you step up to 18s, wedssports have that width and offset. ask me how i know :)

and all you need to do suprisingly is roll. I never pulled and rarely rub.

sorry if you already posted this, but what are the specs on those weds and the tire specs? that looks like the perfect setup and I have been wanting those wheels for so long

sorry if you already posted this, but what are the specs on those weds and the tire specs? that looks like the perfect setup and I have been wanting those wheels for so long

18x8.5 +44 Wedssport SA10R BLC with 255/35s from his for sale ad of his previous Legacy

A bit of a strange question, but having swapped to 225/45/18s from my previously stock 205/50/17s, will the original donut spare still be safe to use? Should I purchase a Spec B spare instead to replace it?

I wouldn't use the original donut as your tire diameter is quite a bit larger than the stock tires.

Pulled from Tire Rack's website for Subarus recommendation on matching tires: "Within 1/4-inch of tire circumference or about 2/32-inch of each other in remaining tread depth."

225/45/18 compared to 205/50/17 is 2.83 inch larger in tire circumference so the spare tire would be significantly smaller than what you have on the car now. Might be tough to find a spare from a Spec B so you could look into other Subarus with a similar rolling diameter as well

I wouldn't use the original donut as your tire diameter is quite a bit larger than the stock tires.

Pulled from Tire Rack's website for Subarus recommendation on matching tires: "Within 1/4-inch of tire circumference or about 2/32-inch of each other in remaining tread depth."

225/45/18 compared to 205/50/17 is 2.83 inch larger in tire circumference so the spare tire would be significantly smaller than what you have on the car now. Might be tough to find a spare from a Spec B so you could look into other Subarus with a similar rolling diameter as well

Thanks for the tip - I've already located a few Spec B spares from various part outs, so getting one shouldn't be too hard. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't buying something I didn't actually need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi - new to the group but really enjoy the site! Good information! I've spent hours looking through threads but haven't found what I'm looking for. If it's already been posted, my apologies. Still learning the site.

I have a 2011 Legacy 2.5 Premium with 16" wheels. A friend has sold his 2014 WRX STI and has offered his aftermarket wheels to me - Enkei T6S 18"X8.5. Will these wheels fit on my car without body modifications? If so what size tire should I run, and anyone have tire recommendations? Daily driver with 60 mile commute in sun, rain, snow.

Thanks for the help!!