LegacyGT.com

Which running shoes

Which running shoes do you use or recommend?

I have been running in Altra shoes for the past 5 or 6 years. Altras have a wide toe box which works well for my flippers.

I ran in asics before that and rotated in merrel barefoot shoes. To heavy to do that now.

What shoes do you run in ir recommend and why?

18581996_10213217368408821_2997463053609499452_n.jpg?oh=d691b2d2c023d4a166d8f05163953743&oe=59ACC896

• 1 month later...

I only run in saucony; have 6 pairs for different occasions. Flats for racing, Rides for long runs, trail shows for off road.

I would go to a running store and get fitted and try on a few types.

• 11 months later...
I have been running the Asics for the last 4-5 years. I get a new pair of running shoes every year, this year I got a pair of Brooks and I really like them a lot. I try on a bunch of shoes every year and I always feel like the Nike's feel the worst to me every time. The Brooks were light, had good support and won the spot on my feet this year. I fall into the arch when I walk and get a shoe with a hard arch support... for what it's worth.:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

try on some salomons.

I'm still grinding through my daily worn (long discontinued) eskape gtx's -- settled on them during the vain search to find a satisfactory transition from my old lowa jannus (everything sort of duty... for years) -- turned out to be the second best shoes I've ever owned.

• 4 months later...

Not been running for years. I just walk about these days.

Tried Altra's but honestly the build quality is poor, they fall to bits.

Used to run in Asics but I shredded them, even when I got down to only 87Kg. They were too light and had no stability, the heals went sideways. Probably great if your a proper runner and are a lightweight.

Had some Nike that I loved years ago but the thing I hate about running shoes is you find something fantastic but by the time you know they are fantastic and you rush to buy another pair, they have moved on with the next model and it can be crap !

Pretty much use New Balance these days. They last and are comfortable.I have wide feet and take the 2E width and the 860 suits heavier runners..

Edited by Tronic

Not been running for years. I just walk about these days.

Tried Altra's but honestly the build quality is poor, they fall to bits.

I suggest that you had a bad pair. I am on pair 9 and have not had any issues with quality. I did have one pair where the fit was completely different then the other 8 pairs. My foot rode in them completely differently and it was not comfortable.

I suggest that you had a bad pair. I am on pair 9 and have not had any issues with quality. I did have one pair where the fit was completely different then the other 8 pairs. My foot rode in them completely differently and it was not comfortable.

No I have had two pairs and I didn't even run in them, just walked and they fell to bits. They are not made for people who weigh 100Kg. They last nowhere near as long as New Balance.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha..... not many lately. Between work, golf, cycling and upkeep of two households runs have become seldom. I have maybe 6 months of running on them. Figure about 20 miles a week. I have worn them for a few CrossFit type sessions as well. I know of a few others that are very happy them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Working up to jogging, still at a fast walk. Doing 6 miles a day with a couple 10 mile days.

Found an online discount shop selling Brooks Caldera 3 and bought them out, as my originals were long overdue for the trash can. The version 4 is a different shoe.

When I buy shoes now (took awhile to figure it out), I don't buy the "brand new" model but the one that has been on the shelf for awhile. Then I buy the entire stock. As someone else said it's frustrating to find a good shoe and not being able to buy it again.

The UA Hovr looks interesting, but looks more like a racing flat than a trail shoe?

• 1 year later...