LegacyGT.com

Study of Hood Scoop Effectiveness and Intercooler Airflow

not so on the 08/09 models. the earlier cars only had them closed till you used a little bit of throttle after startup. the late model cars use then on and off during a driving session, and no one really knows (or cares) to find out when they're active.

i've also got some JDM "TGV"s that i just need to install, but i keep flip/flopping about what i want to install and how many iterations i want. best case scenario would be installing and tuning for everything at once. but that just isn't goign to happen, and so i need to get over it and install a hefty chunk and just enjoy it.

there's also the rear O2 input too. easy to "delete" the rear O2 from the tune, but i'm hesitant to put too much voltage into that as it's only seeing max ~2V from the sensor. most people feed it a 0-5V signal (wideband).

oh, and so far i've done all my own tuning, if you can call it that. i'd consider myself an almost complete noob, and even though i'm "smart", i'll probably never try to learn it too much.

EDIT: re-read and i'd bet the TGVs are normally open still; spring loaded. i just need to get off my bum and swap them out, with some new ID1000s and new TS system...

That said, there's also tables in the tune that control when the TGV open/close switch happens. Let me know if you need help finding them, I've got "software" TGV deletes working on my '07.

That said, there's also tables in the tune that control when the TGV open/close switch happens. Let me know if you need help finding them, I've got "software" TGV deletes working on my '07.

cool! i'd always heard that there wasn't any interest for someone to find those tables so it wasn't ever going to happen. to many other juicy morsels to find.

if my car was up to snuff, i'd be interested in testing to see if MPG is effected by changes or not. but alas, i'm sure the noise in any data i'd get would be more than the difference the TGV would show, with my needed maintenance.

what are the variables?

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

cool! i'd always heard that there wasn't any interest for someone to find those tables so it wasn't ever going to happen. to many other juicy morsels to find.

if my car was up to snuff, i'd be interested in testing to see if MPG is effected by changes or not. but alas, i'm sure the noise in any data i'd get would be more than the difference the TGV would show, with my needed maintenance.

what are the variables?

Both Cobb and the OS crowd have had the definitions for quite a while, that thread circa 2012.

These are the tables:

Untitled.thumb.png.5ad629d71bf788360f2c2cc5033f0a74.png

wow, missed that one. I've even recently (last 6 months) pulled a new Alpha release and i'm missing quite a few things you've got...

hmm...

Agreed, you need to give the hookup to everyone else with that many tables defined :eek::wub:.

What does the Evap stuff look like? I've been trying to find that on mine and doent know what the tables look like.

wow, missed that one. I've even recently (last 6 months) pulled a new Alpha release and i'm missing quite a few things you've got...

hmm...

Agreed, you need to give the hookup to everyone else with that many tables defined :eek::wub:.

What does the Evap stuff look like? I've been trying to find that on mine and doent know what the tables look like.

At risk of further derailing this thread, I should mention that just because there's a list of tables in my ECUFlash list doesn't mean they're defined:

Untitled.thumb.png.b3232aa40fa01bf28735552e437d320c.png

All of the tables that are greyed out haven't been defined, but likely have been found in another ROM by the OS guys (merchgod, TD-D, dschultz, et al). I've branched TD-D's "Alpha" branch of definitions and have been updating it specifically for my ECU (USDM '07 spec.B).

If you set your user mode to a higher level, all the tables that aren't defined in ECUFlash will show up (see above screenshot). The hard part is digging them out of the ROM, but generally they're not too hard to find if you know what you're looking for and know a little bit about computer architecture/reverse engineering. And with all the reverse-engineering work the OS guys have done and publicly posted, it's generally not too hard to find, and asking for a definition for a specific table and specific ROM at the RR forums is generally answered pretty quickly by someone.

• 10 months later...

Archived