LegacyGT.com

Btssm LV showing -13% fuel correction in column D

08 LGT

Does this indicate a boost leak? I'm still making maximum boost at WOT when I log a pull and don't hear anything to indicate a major boost leak, but I'm not sure what else would be causing that extreme negative value in that column only. The IAM, other learned fuel corrections, and timing corrections are all normal.

Any ideas? Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/1qQjm4N.png

Mods on the car? Is it tuned? etc.

If it's not stock, I'd bet your MAF scaling is off. If you're not getting any knock, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Stay vigilant and keep an eye on your knock-correction parameters.

Leaks don't make a huge difference in that range because if you think about, at high speed cruise you are not in deep vacuum or high boost. You're closer to zero MRP there. I'd clean the MAF sensor or even swap it out if you're at over 80,000m or so with the original.

Can you make logs under load and at least see that AFR is pegged full rich in boost?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Mods on the car? Is it tuned? etc.

If it's not stock, I'd bet your MAF scaling is off. If you're not getting any knock, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Stay vigilant and keep an eye on your knock-correction parameters.

Bone stock, no tune. I want to get it tuned soon, but need to wait until I can make a good trip to one with a dyno. I'd use Tuning Alliance and get an opensource tune, but they unfortunately recently stopped supporting that in favor of Accessport tunes only. It's hard to keep up with who still offers etunes on these cars since a lot of forum posts are many years old. Any recommendations?

Also, I'm not getting any knock at WOT. I get random alleged knock events reported by the app driving around town but I don't know how legitimate those actually are.

Leaks don't make a huge difference in that range because if you think about, at high speed cruise you are not in deep vacuum or high boost. You're closer to zero MRP there. I'd clean the MAF sensor or even swap it out if you're at over 80,000m or so with the original.

Can you make logs under load and at least see that AFR is pegged full rich in boost?

This is the most recent one I tried. The spot nearby where I can safely try a pull in 3rd gear unfortunately doesn't have quite enough room to get all the way to redline, so I had to lift off the throttle at ~5200 RPM. I'm going to try a spot this weekend where I know I can get one off all the way to redline without having to worry about endangering other drivers or dealing with the cops.

http://i.imgur.com/DEDTa3H.png

I believe TA will still do OS tunes, as long as you know how to flash with ECUFlash, etc. They gave up on it because too many customers were tech/computer illiterate and were wasting Mike's time with learning how to install drivers for the VAGCOM/Tactrix cable, etc. If you know how to deal with all that, TA might still be willing to help you out.

That said, yoiu'd really want a WBO2 to log if you wanted to get a solid e-tune.

I believe TA will still do OS tunes, as long as you know how to flash with ECUFlash, etc. They gave up on it because too many customers were tech/computer illiterate and were wasting Mike's time with learning how to install drivers for the VAGCOM/Tactrix cable, etc. If you know how to deal with all that, TA might still be willing to help you out.

That said, yoiu'd really want a WBO2 to log if you wanted to get a solid e-tune.

I'll give Mike a call, then. I can do pretty much anything with computers and gadgets if I have instructions to follow.

I'll give Mike a call, then. I can do pretty much anything with computers and gadgets if I have instructions to follow.

I suppose my point is to not ask Mike for instructions on that... his involvement in the process will be to look at logs, and send you revisions. Everything else is on you (knowing how to take logs with BtSsm/a laptop and how to flash a ROM that he'll send you back with ECUFlash).

Not that that's what you're suggesting, but in any case, figured I'd clarify what I meant. There's plenty of documentation at Tactrix's site and throughout the various Subaru forums that should help you figure out ECUFlash if you're not already familiar with it.

I suppose my point is to not ask Mike for instructions on that... his involvement in the process will be to look at logs, and send you revisions. Everything else is on you (knowing how to take logs with BtSsm/a laptop and how to flash a ROM that he'll send you back with ECUFlash).

Not that that's what you're suggesting, but in any case, figured I'd clarify what I meant. There's plenty of documentation at Tactrix's site and throughout the various Subaru forums that should help you figure out ECUFlash if you're not already familiar with it.

Oh I just meant instructions as in any resource or guide already online that I can find, on a forum or otherwise. I should be good.

Oh I just meant instructions as in any resource or guide already online that I can find, on a forum or otherwise. I should be good.

Have you had a look around over at romraider.com?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived