LegacyGT.com

I Want to Make My Straight Pipe Louder!

Slow

Currently I'm running a cat-less turboback straight pipe with dual tips and it isn't loud enough! I know changing the manifold out for some headers will be louder but before I touch that I wanted to make my turboback as obnoxious as possible.

Now I've seen the gymkhana exhaust and it seems louder than mine with the only difference being the single exit megaphone exhaust tip. They say it is louder than a straight pipe because of how the exhaust creates more reverberation. How would I be able to replicate this?

Would converting to a single exit exhaust be louder? Is it possible to make a tip like Crawford's? Does anyone have experience with Resonated Exhaust tips? I've seen people say they make exhaust louder and vice versa.

Let me know, I appreciate any help.

Run only with your DP (no mid-pipe + axleback) until you get pull over by the cops or your neighbours set your car on fire.

On a serious note : install an exhaust cut-out in your DP and put some mufflers back on. Open the cut-out when you want it loud and close it when entering your neighborhood or passing by cops.

I know TDIB said your car is quiet but just take a second peek at 2:50 and tell me your car isn't loud enough :lol:

It won't be much louder without increasing the Straight pipe diameter another inch the whole way.That would be an expensive alternative too.

I know TDIB said your car is quiet but just take a second peek at 2:50 and tell me your car isn't loud enough :lol:

It won't be much louder without increasing the Straight pipe diameter another inch the whole way.That would be an expensive alternative too.

I listened to it from out of the car yesterday and truthfully it is a little loud haha. But I love the reaction I get, especially from kids when I drive by and people on the highway trying to record the flames coming out my exhaust. It's definitely not for everyone but I love the sound of these cars.

It's definitely not for everyone but I love the sound of these cars.

Yep, my girlfriend borrowed the car awhile ago and I probably had a stupid grin on my face watching the driveby. Can't remember if I was more proud my car or her for ringing out second gear for me. :wub:

Archived